I had heard a story of a Pastor who preached the same sermon for couple of weeks and when questioned about the motive behind this repetition, he said that preaching's are not just to be admired and applauded, they are to be followed, its just like calling a person who is going away, you will not just stop with one call, rather you will call until you grab their attention.
Today I am in the same position and thus am required to send the verse I had sent a couple of days back, even though I tried to argue with the Lord whether its ok, I am still persuaded to carry on.
" And he commanded them, saying: “Behold, you shall lie in ambush against the city, behind the city. Do not go very far from the city, but all of you be ready. "
Joshua 8:4 (NKJV)
The secret life is the prayer life, we need to pray, for without it we are the most deplorable.
In the struggles of our life what will keep us going is the strength which we receive from the Lord our God in prayer, thus its very important to speak to God, to tell Him everything and let Him guide us in everything and then we shall be victorious in every circumstances of our life.
Let these wonderful quotes from the great men of God bless you ...
1. "You can do more than pray after you have prayed; but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed." A.J. Gordon
2. "God does nothing except in response to believing prayer." John Wesley (Famous evangelist who spent 2 hours daily in prayer)
3. "Prayer strikes the winning blow; service is simply picking up the pieces." S.D. Gordon
4. "One should never initiate anything that he cannot saturate with prayer."
5. "The greatest thing anyone can do for God or man is pray." S.D. Gordon
6."If I fail to spend two hours in prayer each morning, the devil gets the victory through the day. I have so much business I cannot get on without spending three hours daily in prayer. Martin Luther
7. "The most important thing a born again Christian can do is to pray." Chuck Smith
8. "Prayer does not change the purpose of God. But prayer does change the action of God." Chuck Smith
9. "Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers." Sidlow Baxter
10. “God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces of against evil …” E.M. Bounds
11. “Prayer is where the action is." John Wesley
12. "Satan does not care how many people read about prayer if only he can keep them from praying. Paul E. Billheimer
13. "0h brother, pray; in spite of Satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast, and lose breakfast, dinner, tea, and supper - and sleep too - than not pray. And we must not talk about prayer, we must pray in right earnest. The Lord is near. He comes softly while the virgins slumber." Andrew A. Bonar
14. "Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees." Corrie ten Boom
Prayer is the easiest, most powerful and most blessed privilege God has given us, let's use it, lets pray.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by ABRAHAM PULICKAL or search for articles on the same topic or others.