20 Things I've Learned After 40 Years of Marriage
1. The Golden Rule is as relevant today as it was 40 years
2. Anger happens; try to make up before the sun goes down.
3. It's true! A woman's work is never done.
4. Choosing to forgive is taking the high road.
5. Little things really do mean alot.
6. Laughter is good for the body, the soul and the marriage.
7. There is no wrong way to hang toilet paper.
8. Share your french fries..you'll be thinner.
9. The sun will come up tomorrow.
10. You can't go forward while looking backward.
11. Every day is special when you know you're loved.
12. He who digs a hole is the first to fall in.
13. Wrinkles happen.
14. Look for the good in each other and you won't mind the
15. Submit to the Lord first, then to each other.
16. Never give up..especially on each other.
17. Real men and women say, "Please" and "Thank you".
18. Denying yourself is a sign of maturity.
19. If you look a gift-horse in the mouth be ready for the
20. 40 years are but a moment in time.
(Copyright 2004 by Barbara Thompson-Young)
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Barbara Thompson Young or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Barbara, Point 15 I believe is the key phrase in this piece. As a wife for only 7 years I find that 1st submitting to God makes the submission to my husband so easy. It also helps with all other forms of human submission. Without God we struggle in our own will and never seem to make headway But with God we see that all things are possible. 15. Submit to the Lord first, then to each other. I sent you a PM earlier. If you are not on PM, please an email or PM and I will forward the message for you. Love and Blessings Jan
Thank you! This is something I need to print out and keep in my Bible to look back on one day... when the Lord so chooses to bless me with a God-fearing husband.