NOW THAT I AM A CHRISTIAN, WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Now that you are saved and have become a new Christian, here are five suggestions to help you on your new journey through life.
1. Begin Bible reading WITH A GOOD BIBLE TEACHER. If possible, try to do this with a person who can help you learn how to study the Bible on your own and interpret it properly. There is nothing wrong with reading the Bible solely on your own, but it cannot be emphasized too much, the importance of finding a knowledgeable person with which to do it.
2. A good place to begin reading is any of the 4 Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. Start to become biblically literate. This is your new "textbook for life."
3. Get involved in a good Bible believing church that adheres to the core beliefs of Christian teaching. Find an exciting church where genuine biblical Christianity is lived out by example. Become involved in a local church that has some kind of small support group for new believers.
4. Make God a priority every day in your use of time and what you choose to expose your eyes and minds to. Cut out things that are not consistent with being a Christian or what God's Holy Spirit convicts you about.
5. Keep your eyes focused on Jesus and His grace. Try to ignore the hypocrisy of some professing believers. Remember, they are sinners saved by grace, just like you. Also, keep in mind that not all people who attend a church are Christians.
I sincerely pray and hope that this is helpful to you, and welcome into the eternal family of God.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR ANONYMOUSLY
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.