The Gift of Grace and Operating in Our Ministry
by Manuel Vargas
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
The Gift of Grace and Operating in Our Ministry
Itís time to speak about the 3rd Dimension of Grace and that is the Grace that enables us to be effective Ministers on the earth in the Kingdom of God. Hi Faith-writers, Iím grateful to be back to share more on the topic of Grace. Paul made an interesting point about the Measure of Faith we have and how it will work in us so we may become Awesome Ministers because of the Gift of Grace.
Paul said, for I say, through the Grace given to me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the Measure of Faith (v. 3)
Having then Gifts differing according to the Grace that is given to us, whether Prophecy, let us Prophesy according to the proportion of faith; (v.6) (Romans 12:3, 6 KJV).
The Measure of Faith, the Gift of Grace and Our Ministry
Paul wrote this letter to the Christians in Rome inspiring them to understand what they have available in their possession to accomplish the Divine Will of God on the earth and (that is, the Measure of Faith, the Gift of Grace and the opportunity to Minister) in the Gifting that God bless them with. I purposely skipped Scripture in Romans chapter 12, to get to the point of the 3 things that will enable us to operate in the 3rd Dimension of Grace. Focusing on verses 3 and 6 we have 3 things to consider;
1. The Measure of Faith (v. 3)
2. The Gift of Grace (v. 6)
3. The Ministry (The Gifting or Calling to a particular Ministry) (v. 6)
Practice and Preparation to Understand Our Ministry
Many Christians desire to Minister and they seem to have an overwhelming zeal to do it. But Paul gave us some practical tips to allow us to tap into the Supernatural realm of the things of God.
1. We must present our bodies as a living sacrifice by walking in a holy lifestyle, acceptable to God, which is the reasonable service we can offer to God (Romans 12:1 KJV) This is where Prayer, Fasting and Studying Godís Word comes in to condition us to be sensitive to the things of God to be effective servants in the Kingdom of God on earth.
2. We cannot conform ourselves to this worlds ways of doing things but we must renew our minds to have the mind-set of Christ when He walked on the earth so we may follow His example and the Concepts of Ministry as Jesus demonstrated to us to practically apply (Romans 12:2 KJV).
3. We should carefully evaluate ourselves and not have such a high opinion about ourselves because it is Godís Grace working in us (individually) to live a successful Christian lifestyle and some are far more advanced in Faith than we might be. So we must learn to appreciate others and their Ministries and just learn to do what weíve been Called to do (Romans 12:3-5 KJV).
4. If we learn to apply ourselves in this Christian Manner of living then we can come to understand (The Measure of Faith, the Gift of Grace and Our Ministry) we have been Called to do on the earth.
We are going to take a closer look at the list of Spiritual Gifts and Ministry Gifts Paul gave us in Romans Chapter 12 verses 6 thru 8; Paul mentioned a total of 7 Gifts and they are;
1. The Gift of Prophecy (Article written 5-13-11)
2. Ministry (Deacons, Ushers, Administrators) (Article written 5-19-11)
3. Teacher (Bible Teacher) (Articles written 5-29-11/ 6-2-11/ 6-3-11/ 6-5-11/ 6-8-11/ 6-10-11)
4. Exhorter (Biblical Motivational Speaker) (Article written 8-12-11)
5. The Gift of Giving (Article written 8-17-11)
6. Leader (Elders, Pastors, Associate Pastors, Youth Pastors & etc.) (Article written 8-28-11)
7. The Gift of Mercy (Article written 9-2-11)
If you care to learn more about these 7 Gifts mentioned here, I invite you to read the following Articles I was led to write about these Gifts in 2011. I believe it will help you understand the Gift and teach you how to Biblically operate in that Gift.
The Measure of Faith and Grace
Measure- is Metron in the Greek, and it means a meter; by implication it is a limited portion (Strongís Concordance). Noah Webster said it is the whole extent or Dimension of a thing; Capacity or amount. Adjusted or proportioned. Extent of Power or office; And or extent of ability.
There are 4 Dimensions of Faith every Christian can experience;
1. Natural faith- being in touch or operating in the Physical realm or worldóhear, see, smell, taste, and touch. Our natural senses (Thomas Naturally wanted to believe if he Touched and saw with his physical eyes and hear [Jesus] because the other disciples saw Him) (John 20:27 KJV).
2. Saving Faith or the Word of Faith- is becoming a Born-again Christian by hearing the Message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we received it and became children of God (Romans 10:8-10 KJV).
3. The Measure of Faith- that is the degree of Faith weíve develop over the course of our Christian lives as God revealed the Word to us and we practically applied it and continued to grow spiritually and learned about our Calling in Christ and we are now Ministers operating in the Measure of Faith (Romans 12:3 KJV)
4. The Gift of Faith- is the Supernatural Power Gift that activates the Gift of Miracles and Healings as Paul described it in (1 Corinthians 12:6-8 KJV).
To understand more about these 4 Dimensions of Faith and how to operate in these 4 Dimensions, I recommend that you read the article written 11-5-2011 ďEvangelism with Spiritual GiftsĒ.
There are 4 Dimensions of Grace every Christian can experience;
1. Grace on Level # 1- (Godís Unmerited Favor) this Measure of Godís Grace is grant to us before we were Born-again and it was the same Measure of Grace that saved us (Ephesians 2:8 AMP).
2. Grace on Level # 2- (Godís Favor and Spiritual Blessing) upon our lives to grow spiritually and to bring forth good Fruit (Luke 2:40 AMP/ Ephesians 4:1-7 AMP/ Titus 2:11-15 NAS)
3. Grace on Level # 3- (Godís Favor and Spiritual Calling and Gift) in this level of Grace that is mentioned by Paul in (Romans 12:3, 6 KJV). This Dimension of Grace enables us to operate in the Calling that God called us to Minister in.
4. The 4th Level of Grace- is (Great Grace) this is the Level of Grace or the Measure of Grace that Jesus and the Apostles operated in (Acts 4:33 KJV) James teaches us what we need to do spiritually to be qualified to operate in the same Dimension (James 4:1-6 KJV). Jesus said Greater Works we will do (John 14:1-16 NKJV).
To understand more about the 4 Dimensions of Godís Grace I recommend that you read the article written 7-22-2013 ďThe 4 Dimensions or Levels of Godís Grace.Ē
Note to Bible Teachers and Students
I want to share some important tips that will help us to grow spiritually and take an intelligent approach to practically experiencing the Truth of Godís Word in this teaching article. I read several books on the Topic of Faith and Grace by various authors and back in 1993 I received 5 books Supernaturally in the mail (I did not order). I was excited about these books because it dealt with the spiritual issues I needed to learn and practically apply to be successful in my walk of Faith.
As I opened one of these books with that sense of enthusiasm I heard the Voice of the Holy Spirit say to me, ďDonít be overwhelmed with what this author wrote in this book, but read carefully how he wrote about this topic. Because authors only give you a small portion of teaching about this topic and there is more to learn about this topic.Ē
As I meditated on what I heard said to me, my heart just stood still in amazement. Then powerful revelation hit me, as to how Iím to carefully study with other Bible Teachers and their published material. Iím to carefully dissect their teaching and see how much of that particular topic they shared and what can be applied and then what was missing that I must further study and learn to apply. (For some of you itís a no-brainer--itís the obvious thing to do. For others you are probably amazed at what Iím sharing.) However, from that day on I took a more careful approach to studying Scripture.
My point is that we must see how Paul, Luke, James and Jesus taught us about the Topics of Grace and Faith and they clearly teach it on 4 Dimensions or Levels of Living and performing in the Gifts and Callings we have on our lives to operate as Powerful Christians. So any teaching on these topics will ultimately fall in 4 categories. Luke and Paul taught about Faith and Grace more than all the rest of the Apostles. So we must carefully read what they taught and learn that it will fall under one of the 4 Dimensions of Christian living. No matter what the title is!
The Holy Spirit gave me about 20 titles to teach on the Topic of Grace. No matter what the Title of the Article may be rest assured it will still fall under one of the 4 Dimensions or Levels of Grace and Faith we will practically live out in our walk of Faith on earth. (No I did not get it from a topical Concordance). When Iím finished writing these 20 articles I challenge you to look up any topical Concordance to see for yourself that this is a Godly Inspired thing.
I say this not to brag or boast about my teaching skills or talents but to get the next generation of believers focused on how the Holy Spirit teaches us to be Great Bible Teachers in the Kingdom of God. Remember everything we do or say should be Divinely Inspired by the Spirit of God. Every Christian will ultimately live in these 4 Dimensions. So may God bless you with Divine Revelation to learn how to live out the Measures of Grace and Faith on the earth in the Kingdom of God in Jesusí name, Amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.