Free to Share
Author requests article critique
"It is better to take refuge in the LORD Than to trust in man." (Psalm 118:8)
I once was acquainted with a pastor who would build his sermons around the old hymns. Hymns like:
- When we walk with the Lord (Deuteronomy 5:33)
- In the light of His Word, (Psalm 119:105)
- What a glory He sheds on our way; (Psalm 72:19)
- While we do His good will, (1 Thess 4:2-4)
- He abides with us still, (1 John 2:27-28)
- And with all who will trust and obey (Isaiah 40:28-31)
So, how does one become "happy in Jesus" ? Basically, just do as the hymn implies, "Trust and Obey".
- Trust (Isaiah 41:10) and obey, (John 14:21)
- For there’s no other way ( John 14:6)
- To be happy in Jesus,( Jeremiah 29:11)
- But to trust and obey.( Deuteronomy 11:13-14)
Trusting God is simply faithfully submitting to God's sovereign "Will" for your life. The Bible word for "submit" simply means to yield or surrender to God's authority.
Obeying God is clearly being attentive to God's supreme authority. In other words, one should actively follow the commands of God.
Now, are we Christians missing out on God's blessings, if we fail to follow His principles by not " trusting " and "obeying " Him ? (Luke 14:27) You will have to be the judge of is question. (Luke 9:23) Not sure, let me answer for you. Whether or not we understand His word, or whether or not we like it's precepts, we will never receive God's blessings if we don't obey and trust Him.(Proverbs 16:20)
And no matter how big a mess we make of our lives, we will always have God's promise that He is ready and willing to turn our life around. (Isaiah 55:6-8 ) All we need do is personally confess our sins. ( 1 John 1:9)
Well, you've never had a personal relationship with God, through His Son Jesus, you say. You are not by yourself, as we all were born in sin, (Romans 3:23) as a result of mankind's initial fall in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis3:1-7 ) That's why God sent His son (John 3:16-17), to die on a cruel cross to redeem us from our inbred sin. (Romans 5:8) Just take God at His word and except His free grace for your life, by your faith. You see, no one can ever be good enough, give enough money, work their way in or have a Christian friend or family member take their place. (Ephesians 2:8-9) (Titus 3:5)
Just take God by faith and believe what He has done for you. (John 1:12) (John 5:24) (John 11:25-26)
If you have come to God, then:
- Start talking daily with Him through prayer (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Start reading your Bible, starting with the book of John (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Start telling your friends, co-workers and family, what has happened to you.(Romans 1:16)
- Start attending a good Bible believing church that preaches the "full gospel" (1 Cor 15:1-4)
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR ANONYMOUSLY
Read more articles by Charles (Chuck) Robey or search for other articles by topic below.
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.