We have the INFORMATION available to us in The BOOK…We even have the Person (The Holy Spirit) that will grant us the REVELATION about The HOLY BIBLE…And the same Holy Spirit that INSPIRED all the men of God to write the Old and New Testaments, will INSPIRE us to practically APPLY the Scriptures from the Old Testament and the New Testament so we may experience the Blessings of God Our Heavenly Father.
Paul made it clear to us in his letter to Timothy. Paul wrote, All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV)
Timothy was Paul’s spiritual son and student in the faith. Timothy traveled with Paul on his missionary journeys and was sent to minister to various churches that were birth in different cities by the work God gave Paul and his companions to do. When Paul wrote this letter to the young man of God he wanted to instill a powerful truth that is needed to be understood and APPLIED today by everyone (NOT JUST MINISTERS).
Hi Faith-writers, I’m grateful to be back to continue to share an interesting topic God placed in my heart which is—“The Word of God”. So far the Holy Spirit inspired me to share 6 articles and they are;
1. The Word of God—written 5-14-2013
2. Praying God’s Word Psalm 119—written 5-20-2013
3. According to Your Word—written 5-25-2013
4. Psalm 119 Empowered by the Word of God—written 6-3-2013
5. The Word is a Lamp and a Light—written 6-16-2013
6. All Scripture is Given for—written 6-25-2013
And today I’m sharing “All Scripture is Inspired by God”. The purpose of the resume of articles written is to point readers to the start of this series of teachings about (The Word of God) and the powerful impact it can have on our lives.
A Man or Woman of God
Paul pointed out 7 things that can propel us to the level of becoming a powerful man or woman of God. The 7 points are;
1. We must understand that All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
2. And it is profitable for doctrine (instruction and teaching).
3. For reproof (so it may reprove us or convict us of sin).
4. For correction (so we may be redirected from the error we’re in and disciplined in obedience toward God).
5. For instruction in righteousness so we may be trained in holy living, in conformity to God’s Will in thought, purpose, and action.
6. That the man or woman of God may be perfect, complete and proficient in the Kingdom of God.
7. So we may be thoroughly furnished unto all good works (well-fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
If we read this list of 7 important things we must comply with, then we can begin searching our hearts (the motives and intents of our presence spiritual condition) and see what we must all personally do to begin our journey to becoming a powerful man or woman of God. Remember we all must grow to the full measure and statured of Jesus Christ while we’re waiting for HIS return. (See Ephesians 4:11-15 KJV).
Where are we stuck? Let’s find out!
Many of us desire to grow spiritually and be recognized as a man or woman of God. But we must ask ourselves some basic questions based on these 7 points that Paul made.
1. Do we believe that the entire Bible (ALL SCRIPTURE) was given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to all the authors throughout the Ages?
2. Do we understand that (ALL SCRIPTURE) is designed and is profitable for pure and sound doctrine so we may be taught and instructed by it? (NOT JUST BY THE NEW TESTAMENT ALONE!!!)
3. Are we willing to be reproved (admonished, rebuked, and constructively criticized by ALL SCRIPTURE?)
4. Are we ready for correction (Yes, we need to be CORRECTED of error and disciplined in obedience to the whole counsel of God). Remember Apollos was corrected and he accepted it and became a great man of God. (See, article Apollos Teaching Ministry—written 6-17-2011).
5. Do we understand that (ALL SCRIPTURE) is uniquely design to instruct us in Righteousness? So we can implement it in our lives and experience God’s Divine nature in our character in thought, purpose and action on a daily basis!?!
Pausing for a moment before we finish questions 6 and 7, we need to do some serious consideration to the 5 questions that were just mentioned (Read these 5 questions again if you need to.)
What to Consider?
I strongly believe that every believer should consider the Divine protocol for becoming a powerful witness for Jesus Christ. This means we should be;
1. Born-again Super-naturally
2. Baptized in water
3. Baptized in the Holy Spirit
4. At the same time, we should be reading our Bibles daily, praying and be intelligent enough to ask the right questions when it comes to targeting our spiritual growth and what we can do to co-operate with the Holy Spirit to spiritually educate ourselves in the topics that we are being led to read, study and apply.
Now, if you have any problem with what I just said reread it. If you disagree with me, you are disagreeing with the way the Book of Acts teaches us about the power of Christian living.
It’s not a Pentecostal thing—it’s a Book of Acts lifestyle we must continue to live by in today’s culture. We cannot make excuses, we cannot just be Born-again and just go to church services on Sundays for the rest of our lives and just remain satisfied with one level of Christian living.
1. We must read the Word of God daily. (Studying and Meditating on it daily).
2. We must Pray daily.
3. We must attend a good Bible based church and grow spiritually in all areas.
4. We certainly must practice fasting.
5. We must Tithe (give 10% of our weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly income to our local congregation.)
When we consider doing these things we will be more receptive to believe that (ALL SCRIPTURE) was given by Inspiration of God. Then we can receive pure and sound doctrine (Teaching and Instruction from ALL SCRIPTURE). We will easily receive reproof (constructive Christian criticism) and correction to live a godly lifestyle (or a Book of Acts lifestyle as I love to say it). Then we will be easily instructed in Righteousness so we may demonstrate it in thought, purpose and action.
Finally, Paul said; that the man or woman of God may be perfect (Mature in the Greek), [complete and proficient] in the Kingdom of God on earth.
Thoroughly furnished (well-fitted and thoroughly equipped) unto all good works (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV/ Amplified/ NAS).
Do you want to become a man or woman of God? Well, Paul pointed the way!!!
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for articles on the same topic or others.