How Not To Be Overly Sensitive
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
How Not To Be Overly Sensitive
Stephen A. Peterson
With the onset of the internet, social media sites and the easy access to these media, evil, mean-spirited individuals have made their presence felt. Some of these individuals are psychotic or pathological and could be dangerous. Although most are no physical threat, their expressed purpose is to disrupt, destroy or ruin their victim’s lives. At the moment, some are able to get away with it for now. Most important is to avoid allowing your voice to be silenced for fear of rejection.
• LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH COMMENTS/CRITICISM LESS SERIOUSLY. Overly sensitive people are hurt easily when they believe statements about them are negative or when what is said is taken the wrong way. In the majority of instances, what is said is not offensive, critical or rude nor directed to the people hears it. Much of the time, a seemingly angry person’s words are taken out of context, they are having a bad day, or involved in tense or stressful situations.
• LEARN NOT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT SOME PEOPLE THINK ABOUT YOU. No matter how kind, giving and meek you are, there are people who will not like you for a variety of reasons. Nothing you do will make them contented or happy with you. Adjusting to what others want often results in your de-valuation. Develop and build personal self-worth and never allow anyone to ruin your moment, day or life.
• STAND FIRM. There is nothing wrong with being a sensitive person. Being overly sensitive will make you an easy prey for those out to silence you. Improve your thoughts about yourself.
• DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEGATIVES. Take control of your beliefs, values and thoughts as well as the way you express them. Know that most of the negatives expressed are not applicable to you—racist, stupid, clueless, retard, and fool, idiot and the like. Most cannot define their meaning or application. At this point, it is to move to the next step.
• WALK AWAY. You do not have to be demeaned or tolerate it. It is said: “One cannot talk reason to irrational people.” If threatened mentally or physically, the courts or law enforcement may need to be involved.
The key to all of this information is to never let your voice be silenced!
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Stephen A. Peterson or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.