How should we as Christians stem the tide of current deception and resistance toward the Christian faith? Apostacy is on the rise even in some of our more conservative denominations. Then there are those who publicly oppose anything to do with Jesus, the Bible, the Ten Commandments, and Christianity. Islam is overtaking Christianity in terms of its followers and yet that religion has teachings about Jesus that are totally contrary to what the Christian Bible teaches. Here are things that must be done to counter this trend.
1. Christians must know what we believe with conviction. A conviction is a belief that is based on a credible source that is not open to compromise. That source is the divinely inspired Bible. This means that it is also necessary to know why one believes the Bible to be inspired. Many so-called Christians no longer believe in its inspiration or in literal interpretation.
2. There must be a refusal to back down in proclaiming spiritual truth. The bar of what is acceptable both theologically, morally, and culturally must not be lowered. This includes homosexuality, abortion, living together before marriage, sex out of wedlock, and euthanasia.
3. We must not bow to public pressure, political correctness, or persecution.
4. II Timothy 2:25 says we need to gently correct those who oppose us.
5. We, as Christians, should know and use apologetics. This means we should be able to defend our faith with evidence and persuasive arguments and "refuse foolish and ignorant speculations." (II Timothy 2:23)
6. We must always seek to understand and love others, regardless of what they believe, how they behave, or what kind of life they choose to lead.
7. Any soldier who wants to destroy the enemy has to be willing to go to the front lines of combat. The same is true of spiritual warfare. People must get out of the church pews and into the spiritual trenches and put on their spiritual coat of arms. Read Ephesians 6.
8. Local churches must be purged of all deception, apostacy, fighting, and division. There must be a concentration on the core principles and teachings of Jesus and the Bible.
9. We must keep alert to what is happening politically and with events concerning the persecution of Christians. We are exhorted to do this in Ephesians 6:18 and I Peter 5:8.
10. We must clean out the clutter of our minds and activities, so we can focus more on spiritual warfare and spreading the Christian message of hope and healing.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Clark or search for articles on the same topic or others.