Solomon said, to everything there is a Season, and a Time for every matter or purpose under heaven: A Time to Embrace and a Time to refrain from Embracing, (Ecclesiastes 3:1,5b AMP)
Hi Faith-writers, Iíve been led to write about Godís Time and Seasons that we will encounter as Solomon had laid out for us in the Book of Ecclesiastes chapter 3, by sharing 6 articles so far. With this 7th article the Holy Spirit wishes to enlighten us to some Truth that will challenge and encourage us to move under a greater Anointing and Power He wishes for us to walk in.
When we consider the word Embrace we equate it with a warm and loving hug between two people. However, the Hebrew definition gives us broader meanings with practical applications;
1. A Time to Embrace, and a Time (to be far from) embracing (Hebrew definition)
2. A Time to Embrace and a Time to refrain (Eccl. 3:5b NIV)
3. A Time to Embrace and a Time to shun Embracing (Eccl. 3:5b NAS)
So by looking at the Hebrew and other translations we cannot limit the definition to a romantic or warm hug. Noah Webster gave us 3 definitions; 1.Enclosure or clasp with arms; pressure to the bosom with the arms. 2. Reception of one thing into another. 3. Sexual intercourse; conjugal endearment.
The American Heritage Dictionary gives us the same definitions but also added; 3.To include as part of something broader. 4. To take up willingly or eagerly.
When we look at various definitions we come to a clearer understanding of what Embracing and to shun Embracing really means from a broader view.
When I look at the news channels and the story line in them with regard to religion Iím amazed that these reporters are limited in their knowledge of Scripture or are somewhat afraid to tell the TRUTH when it comes to the basic principles of the Bible. I remember watching the news when the new Pope was selected they said heís a Jesuit Priest. Jesuits challenge or questions the Popeís doctrine if the Pope institutes a new law. A well-known reporter had a facial expression of fear and reverence as she reported this story as though she would not dare question the Popeís position on church doctrine nor should anyone else for that matter.
My point in mentioning this is that the church world whether Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Pentecostal, Seven-day-Adventist and the like, seem to remain under the teachings that they grew up in or the denomination they joined, they seem to have a high regard toward the leader of that denomination. They are so devoted that they trust their leader to give them Bible Truth. And they believe that whatever the leader says is true, and they do not question or challenge the leader nor do they search the Scriptures themselves to see if that leader is truly teaching sound Doctrine.
Well, the Scriptures teach something totally different about us EMBRACING TRUTH and to refrain from Embracing ministers who claim to be so special that they cannot be challenged or questioned about the topics they teach.
The Art of Embracing Truth
Paul gave us a Powerful Principle of Embracing Truth when it is spoken. Luke wrote about it in the Book of Acts. Paul said, that the men of Berea were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word of God with all readiness of mind, and search the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so (Acts 17:11 KJV). Paul acknowledged the wisdom that the men of Berea had when it came to accepting sound doctrine. They heard and accepted Paul, but they also went back home and search the Scriptures to see if what Paul was saying was Biblically accurate they didnít take things for face value.
Whenever any Minister Preaches, Teaches or writes an article or a book we must be like the men of Berea and SEARCH the Scriptures daily to see if what that minister is saying is Biblically soundóPaul commended their studious attitude. If we apply ourselves in the same manner instead of taking every ministers word on face value we would be on safe ground. Solomon who wrote that thereís a Time to Embrace, and a Time to refrain from Embracing also said;
1. Wise men lay up knowledge (Prov.10:14 KJV)
2. The simple believes every word: but the prudent man looks well to his going (Prov.14:15 KJV)
3. The heart of the righteous studies to answer (Proverbs 15:28 KJV)
4. Jesus said, if you continue in my WORD, then are you my disciples indeed; and you shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free (John 8:31-32 KJV)
Jesus, Solomon and Paulís Instructions
Jesus gave us the key to being wisely and accurately informed with TRUTH by continually reading, learning and applying the Word of God. Let me share some experiences that I encountered over the years of studying Scripture.
1. I thought we were to pray the Our Father Prayer repetitiously to receive an answer to our prayers or win over Godís favor. Jesus said not to pray repetitiously (Matthew 6:5-8 NKJV)
2. I thought we were to pray to Mary then she would talk to Jesus and Jesus would talk to the Father and we would get an answer to our prayer. Jesus said whatever you ask the Father in MY name He would give it to you (John 14:13-14 NKJV). So, we do not pray to any saint like Peter, Paul, Mary, Lazarus or Fatima or anybody else. Peter said thereís no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved (See Acts 4:8-12 NKJV). Paul said that there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5 KJV)
3. I thought that priest did all the spirit work to cover us despite what we did.
4. I thought going to church on holidays only was enough and it will keep me in good standings with God. The Bible says not to neglect the gathering of ourselves together at church services (Hebrews 10:25 KJV)
5. Note: all these concepts come from Catholic Doctrines.
As I studied Scripture I began to Embrace Scripture and refrain from Embracing religious lies. So my point is if anyone just reads the Bible consistently like Jesus said you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free from all the religious lies and misconceptions. I heard a Catholic Deacon say that he doesnít believe in the New Testament entirely. (WHAT?) Yeah, thatís what I said! You will be surprised what you will find in Scripture that will destroy the Doctrines of other religions.
A Muslim said to me that the Comforter was Mohammed the Prophet. I said Jesus said the Comforter is the Holy Spirit (See John 14:26 KJV). The Muslim was in shock when he read it for himself. People donít read Scripture to see for themselves.
A Jehovahís Witness said to me that Jesus was an Angel I took them to (Hebrews 1:2-7 KJV) where it clearly states that Jesus was higher than the Angels and the Angels are to worship Him. Then they came at me with the 144,000 only being saved and they are striving to be one of them to partake in Godís new Kingdom. I said thatís not what John taught; The 144,000 are Jewish virgins in the last days during the tribulation period on earth who are called to evangelize Israel before the Second Coming of Jesus as Messiah to rule in the New Kingdom (See Revelation 7:1-17 KJV)
My point in all this Apologetic Teaching that is calledóis to reveal how the Scriptures will enlighten us to the religious lies that are found in other denominations. Denominations all have their twist, half-informed and misinformed doctrines that they hold dearly to without searching the Scriptures for themselves to see if what their leader is teaching is true and Biblical. They donít even question it and ask for more clarity or ask simple questions like when did this topic originated? What did Jesus say about this topic? What did Paul say about this topic? What did Peter say concerning this concept? We need to be Biblically inquisitive and stop relying on any preacher to feed us any fly-by-night teaching.
So letís begin to learn how to Embrace Truth and how to refrain from Embracing the lies, in Jesusí mighty name amen.