this world is filled with problems, but God made a prefect world. Disorder came because man couldn't stand against Satan which brought the first problem.
What does the Bible say about problems?
(Matthew 8:23-26 Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" Jesus responded, "Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!" Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.)
1) if we never act
- what would of happened if the disciples did nothing while the storm hit? Would be consumed
- many ignore problems which increases frustration, worry & more problems
- the one thing the disciples did right was run to God. The wrong was how they ran to God: doubtful
- if we don't act, we will be nothing but a miserable Christian who always tries but fails
2) God can solve problems
- the problems wasn't the storm but there faith
- Jesus slept because he has no problem with storms/difficulty. Disciples did
- we act like them sometimes when problems come
- God calmed there storm (v26)
3) God is always there
- before storm came (v23) when it came (v24) when it finished (v26)
- the increase in problems is never for the decrease in faith
- God doesn't promise the Christian walk easy but he promises its worth it
Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."