THE PERFECT WIFE
An acrostic rhyming version of Proverbs 31:10-31 in imitation of the original acrostic poem in Hebrew
10. A perfect wife, though hard to find,
leaves precious coral far behind.
11. Believed in by her husband’s heart,
she plays the happy mother’s part.
12. Continuing through womanhood,
she pays him back, not bad, but good.
13. Diligence she never lacks
in spinning chosen wool and flax.
14. Exotic food she carries home,
like merchant ships that breast the foam.
15. From her bed at night she stirs
and cooks for those she knows are hers.
16. Good sense she shows in buying land,
and vines, the fruit of her own hand.
17. Her duties she performs with zest
and puts her vigour to the test.
18. Industrious by day and night,
she guides her business schemes aright.
19. Joyfully her fingers pull
and twist and wind the well-spun wool.
20. Kindness guides her every deed:
she helps the poor and those in need.
21. Lightly fall the winter snows:
double-cloaked her household goes.
22. Made of linen, purple-dyed,
her clothes and hangings glow with pride.
23. Noted in the city gate,
her husband sits among the great.
24. Offering her cloth for cash,
she makes the merchant’s linen sash.
25. Power and dignity she wears,
for her tomorrow holds no cares.
26. Quiet wisdom fills her speech,
and loyalty she loves to teach.
27. Reviewing how affairs progress,
she spurns the bread of idleness.
28. Sons exalt her happy ways;
her husband likewise sings her praise:
29. “Though many women show their worth,
none ranks with you in all the earth.”
30. Unreal is beauty, charm a dream;
the godly woman wins esteem.
31. Value all her labour’s fruit
and let it bring her wide repute.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Bruce Phenix or search for articles on the same topic or others.