Each person is a unique creation of God.(Genesis 1:27)There is no one else exactly like you. You can make a positive contribution to life and other people in a way that only you can.
However, you must begin to recognize the things that are indicators of your divine purpose, and often they begin to be manifested at a very young age, even during elementary school.
Why are these things so important? They determine your degree of happiness and fulfillment in life, whether or not to go to college and what to major in. You will enjoy what you do and not hate your job, like many people do. Doing what you are uniquely designed to do will give your life value and significance.
Let me list the things you need to recognize and pursue to fulfill your purpose. Do NOT include sports.
1. Is there something you are especially good at and immensely injoy?
2. Is there something other people recognize you are good at?
3. Are there things you have had a natural aptitude for ever since grade school?
4. What do you find yourself drawn to in your spare time? Do not include media(video games, movies, TV, etc.), in your answer. Turn off the video games and turn on your life vision.
5. What would you do even if you never received a dime for it?
6. Are there things you look back on that you wish you would have pursued earlier in your life?
7. Is there anything that motivates you so much that you can't wait to get up the next morning to do?
8. What do you do well but have never had any training in?
9. If you are a Christian you have at least one spiritual gift, given by God's indwelling Holy Spirit. These are listed in I Peter 4:10-11, I Corinthians 14, Romans 12, and Ephesians 4.
Begin moving your life in the direction that the answers to the above questions indicate, and look for opportunities in line with them. Think beyond vocation. Give back to God what He has designed you to do, and let Him turn you into a person of value and significance for His glory. You will live a life of no regrets. You will make the most of your life instead of wasting it, and you will leave a legacy of changed lives.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
AS A MEMBER OR
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW