"But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong'. ( 1 Cor 1:27);
It has been told of General William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, when wanting to get the message of the gospel to all his people around the world, he penned one simple telegraph word, that being "others".
You see, God builds churches, not of perfect people, but of broken people. People hurting and suffering from any number of sinful desires. People in need of a Savior's love. People wrecked by drugs, by alcohol, by depression, by shame, by ignorance, by neglect, by rejection, by poverty, and the like.
God's word is crammed full of broken people, who were transferred from an ordinary life style to that of being on fire for the Lord. ( 1 Cor 14:16)
King David, a man after God's own heart, committed adultery and murder, yet was mightily used of God, in the scripture writings, whereby whose lineage continued on to Jesus ( Acts 13:22)
Rahab the harlot, was a known prostitute, but turned out to be one of the scriptures most famous great-grandmothers, giving birth to Boaz, making her the great-grandmother of King David. ( Joshua 6:22-25)
The disciples, for the most part were unlearned and uneducated men, who had been rejected by the religious culture of their day. And these 12 men were our Lord's closes friends. ( Acts 4:13)
The Apostle Paul was a dedicated persecutor of those of the way, Christians, but was gravely used of God, as a missionary to both the Jews and gentiles alike and wrote most of the New Testament. ( Philippians 1:21)
God can rehabilitate any life that is brought to Him. Regardless of how wicked, how broken, how lost or how wretched it may be.( Hebrews 7:25)
1. Ask an Atheist and he will say, "There is no God and there is no need to be saved." ( 1 Cor 1:18)
2. Ask a Moralist and he will say, "Be a good person and do good for others and you will be saved." ( Ephesians 2:8-9 )
3. Ask a Religionist and he will say, "Do what your church tells you, be a good person and you will be saved."( 2 Tim 4:1-4)
4. Ask a Legalist and he will say, "Keep this set of rules and do as you are commanded by your Pastor and you will be saved." ( Colossians 2:20-23)
5. Ask a man by the name of Paul, who used to fit into three of the above categories, but who is now saved by grace and he will say, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." ( Acts 16:31)
6. Ask God and He will say, "Ye must be born again!" ( John 3:7)
Who are you asking ? What are you asking for ? What answer are you getting ? ( Proverbs 3:5-6)
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
AS A MEMBER OR
Read more articles by Charles (Chuck) Robey or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.