The 8 Rs of Prayer
As with most Christians who have been in relationship with the Lord for a very long time, things start feeling a bit too familiar and too comfortable and a bit stale. Have you ever felt that way? You just know there has to be a deeper relationship available with Christ. That is how the Lord draws you to Himself.
I received Christ as my Savior when I was thirteen—fifty years ago. At twenty-six, thirty-seven years ago, I asked the Lord to fill me with His Holy Spirit. That began an intense consumption of God’s Word.
With that in my heart, over several months this past summer, the Lord gave me a list of eight “Rs” that have become my prayer. Look up these verses and let God’s Word renew, revive, reinvent, reveal, remove, restore, regenerate and resolve your life in Him.
1) Renew my mind with Your Word Lord. Get rid of the way “I” think and put your wisdom, knowledge and thoughts in my mind. Romans 12:2 (NIV) Ephesians 4:23 Colossians 3:10; Ephesians 5:26-27 (NKJV)
2) Revive my spirit that seems to be downcast. Fill me with your Holy Spirit every day so I will be refreshed. Psalm 119:40, 88 (NKJV) Acts 13:52; Romans 15:13; Colossians 1:9 (NIV)
3) Reinvent what I do and how I do things. Change my old habits that are not profitable for your goals in my life. 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV) Philippians 3:21 (KJV)
4) Reveal those things in me that are not Christ like. Show me the deep things that I have not acknowledged. Psalm 139:1; Psalm 139:23 (NIV) Proverbs 20:27 (NKJV)
5) Remove those things that are not Christ like. After you have revealed those things to me, help me to get rid of them. To be changed by the power of Your Holy Spirit. I know I can’t do it myself. Psalm 30:11; Psalm 103:12; NIV) Ecclesiastes 11:10 (NKJV)
6) Restore what is broken in my life. Restore the joy. Heal the broken heart and broken promises or unfulfilled dreams or broken relationships. Forgive me for the things I have done to break others’ hearts. Psalm 23:3 (NKJV) Psalm 41:3; Psalm 51:12; Psalm 71:20; Psalm 80:3, 7, 19; 1 Peter 5:10 (NIV)
7) Regenerate those things in me that have lost their strength and power. Physically, mentally, emotionally give me the stamina to fulfill your will in my life. Psalm 27:14;Psalm 31:24; Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) Psalm 119:28; Colossians 1:11; 2:7; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:17; 3:3 (NIV)
8) Resolve. Give me the discipline to do what my part is in regeneration. I know it starts with searching Your Word for the answer to everyone of the “R” issues. Your Word brings life and accomplishes far more than we ask or think. Psalm 17:3 (NKJV) Proverbs 19:21; 20:5 (NIV) Proverbs 20:18; 2 Corinthians 1:17 (KJV) Daniel 1:8; Acts 11:23; 2 Corinthians 9:7 (NKJV)
Many months after I started praying these prayers, the Lord showed me that He was answering them. I have just started seeing the evidence after praying these prayers since last summer, I hadn’t connected what I saw happening, with these prayers. That is what “faith” is all about. Believing God hears our prayers and waiting on Him to manifest the answer. It is not an overnight process. But, He is so faithful. Because of God’s great love for us, He wants to answer our prayers. He is a good God.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Patricia Mulder or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This article has been read 362 times < Previous | Next >