Get Out of the Wilderness
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Dictionary.com defines wilderness as: A wild and uncultivated region, as of forest or desert, uninhabited or inhabited by wild animals; a tract of wasteland.
So are you in the wilderness? Is your mind in the wilderness, and not under control of the Holy Spirit? Where have you been living, in the “wilderness” or in the “Promised Land?”
Now is the time to let go of former things and your wilderness living. You have dwelt in the wilderness long enough. In the wilderness you held onto the past. You had no peace, no joy, and no hope. You were burdened in the wilderness. You were not free, but held in captivity. You were in bondage. In the wilderness, you cared about what people thought about you. You pleased man rather than God. You looked at your circumstances and complained. You threw yourself a little pity party, and became a victim rather than a victor. You allowed negative emotions to rule over you. You wandered aimlessly in the wilderness but could not find a way out.
Are you sick and tired of your life yet, your wilderness? Have you tried everything and it is just not working? If so, you may be in the wilderness. Just as the Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 long years, so can we remain in a type of wilderness? God does not want you to stay in the wilderness, but you may not know how to get out of the wilderness. You may have been in the wilderness for so long that you do not know how to get out of the wilderness. The good news is if you are tired of your ways enough, change is possible.
You know you are in the wilderness if your life is full of negativity, burdens too heavy to carry, a lack of joy and peace, confusion (lack of direction), oppression, and fear (anxiety). If you are in the wilderness you are not living the abundant life that God says that you can have.
Would you dare to believe there can be change? Would you like to be in the Promised Land instead of living in the wilderness? In the Promised Land your eyes are on Jesus not your circumstances or the “giants” in your life. You have God’s eyes and His ears. You are now His vessel that His spirit can flow through. Your life is marked with peace and joy despite your circumstances. You have a hope that is unshakeable.
Here are some practical steps to get you out of the wilderness and into the Promised Land living:
1. Believe God is bigger than your problems.
2. Speak faith-filled words. Watch what you are speaking over yourself and others. Your words are powerful. They can produce life or death. Choose your words carefully.
3. Don’t speak what you see but what God can do. Speak to that “mountain” in your life. Don’t let that “mountain” speak to you, or it will!
4. Enjoy right where you are at. Be content with the season you are in. Knowing all seasons does eventually end. Don’t “curse” your next season with your words.
5. Do not complain find-fault or judge yourself or others.
6. Do not look at your problems/circumstances and speak negatively or defeat over them. The enemy WILL present things and situations to stir you up and get you to speak out what you see.
7. Carry hope continually. Never, ever let hope disappear. Even if you have failed, made mistakes, and have been defeated. NEVER stop hoping. We will soon end up discouraged and eventually defeated if we stop hoping. Always hope for better!
8. Pray before reacting to what the enemy shows you or tells you. DO NOT react, the enemy sees and will use your reaction against you.
9. Maintain peace with yourself and others. Walk in peace, talk peace, be peace. Refrain from arguments, contentions, strife, anger, and division. Live in peace.
10. Be easy on yourself. Be gentle and loving with yourself. Stop belittling and beating yourself up. God does not do this to you, so why should you do this to yourself.
11. Keep all sin out of your life. Continually purge and confess sin. Be cleansed by the blood of Jesus not condemnation.
12. CHOOSE to walk in faith and not fear. Yes, I say choose because fear will try and come against you but CHOOSE to rise in faith.
Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:18-19, NKJV
Side note from author: I believe so much in helping people understand being free from wilderness living that I wrote an entire book called, Wilderness Mentality. You can find this book on amazon.com.
Copyright@2013, HopeCounselingMinistry. All Rights Reserved.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR ANONYMOUSLY
Read more articles by stephanie reck or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This article has been read 728 times < Previous | Next >