"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us."
Romans 8:18 KJV
A fellow I attended school with once asked me the following question. "Is being a Christian really worth giving up all that you are not allowed to do?" It was a rhetorical question, but I gave him an answer regardless.
Is being a Christian really worth giving up the things of the world and denying yourself? I would say that depends on several personal preferences. Here are a few things to consider in determining whether or not the Christian life is for you.
1. It depends on how much you value your soul.
2. If you desire peace of mind and assurance and hope, the Christian life is for you.
3. It depends on your choice between deep, satisfying joy and contentment--OR--a short life of pleasures that never really satisfies and leaves you hungering for more.
4. There is also the choice between darkness--OR--light, either truth--OR--error.
5. Do we desire the worlds definition of love--OR--God's love in our heart?
6. How about a close relationship with your creator--OR--eternal separation from Him?
7. Do we prefer having lots of money and goods and popularity for the few years of our life on earth--OR-- have treasure and riches that cannot be taken from us and that last forever, and also have favor with God?
8. Do you want to struggle to make ends meet here and now--OR--be assured that you will always have everything you need provided for you by God in this life and in eternity through faith in His provision?
9. As a follower of Jesus I receive constant direction. Before that I was sort of wandering aimlessly.
10. Many today sense a lack of purpose in their life. Jesus gives us great purpose.
For me, life with Christ is far better! I have been a non-Christian, and now I am a Christian. I have experienced both. Eternal life is a free gift. As with anything else, the more we put into our relationship with him the more we will receive in return.
There is a choice that every soul ever born must make. There is no middle of the road, it must be yes --OR--no. Our eternal destiny is determined by our answer. What do I believe about Jesus Christ, and will I trust my life to Him?
Old Christian Proverb: He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
"...Now, choose life, so that you and your children may live, and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him..." Deuteronomy 30:19b-20a NIV
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Sheldon Bass or search for articles on the same topic or others.
Read More - Free Reprints, Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program.
Christian writers can JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and help spread the Gospel.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed
Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer