TEN STEPS TO COUNTERACT CODEPENDENCY
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Here are 10 steps that can be taken to avoid reacting to someone else in a codependent manner.
1. Lower your tone of voice.
2. Leave the room, go outside and work, or go for a walk.
3. Do some activity to divert your thoughts.
4. Change a potential confrontation into a constructive conversation.
5. Refuse to be drawn into a "codependent conversation" or reacting back and forth.
6. Make a decision regardless of the resistance.
7.Try to understand the causes of the codependency.
8. Attempt to stay positive with an attitude of gratitude.
9. Do not dwell on angry thoughts.
10. Set emotional boundaries.
(This material is taken from the author's book, GOD'S HEALING HOPE: BREAKING THE STRONGHOLDS OF WRONG THINKING, pages 85-86).
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR ANONYMOUSLY
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.