On Again / Off Again Relationships
If you’re in a relationship and you’re wondering whether it’s of God or not, one thing you want to understand is that if there are too many negatives in the relationship and it has constantly been an on again off again relationship, you already have your answer. Just receive it. If you still can’t receive it well here are some cold hard truths?
On again / off again relationships are designed to turn your emotional world upside down. We all at one time or another have been in a relationship where the connection has been on at time and off at times. The off times of the relationship were times that brought about a rift in the connection. No relationships are going to be without its challenges and disagreements. It's ok to disagree but mature individuals learn how to disagree without being disagreeable. Immature individuals disagree and either calls it quits or part ways with much animosity and hostility.
The truth about on again/off again relationships is that they create much frustration and a whirlwind of emotional chaos and confusion. On again/off again relationships are designed to turn your emotional world upside down and keep you in a state of disillusionment and opposition that can even turn into hatred.
On again / off again relationships rarely end up a happy relationship and the two parties end up with a broken heart and broken promises. Now let's look at some hard cold truths:
• Somebody in the relationship doesn't want to really be with the other.
• The reason that your relationship is on again/off again is because the interest level that you have in each other is not high enough to create a true bond. One of your interest levels is high and the other is low.
• Things are good for a while a month or so and then you are right back where you started.
• You think you have a bond because of the longevity of your relationship but it’s a farce, a foolish show, a mockery and a ridiculous sham. (I wish I could tell you this is going to get more to your liking but it’s not.)
• The reason you continue in this foolishness is because you are opposites and you believe the lie that opposites attract and are good for each other. All opposites do is attract each other but they have no power to make good on it or produce substance out of the relationship.
• The two of you are simply pretending to have a good relationship but deep down you know you want out because it’s empty, dead, void and keep you on an emotional roller coaster ride.
• This on again/off again relationship is nothing but a yo-yo connection and it has already created years of torture for you.
• It’s not a match made in heaven but a match made in hell and if it doesn't literally send you to hell it will keep you living in hell on earth.
• Somebody is simply stringing the other along, besides they know you will be back because you have already been back 20 plus times what does one more time matter. Then this one more time turns into one more time, then one more time turns into one more time, then one more time turns into one more time, then one more time turns into one more time etc...
How many times are you going to split up before you wake up and smell the coffee as they say? Let go and get on with your life. God did not create you for this mess.
The scripture says, “The thief (the devil) cometh but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come (Jesus) that they (you) might have life, and that they (you) might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 The devil is using your on again / off again relationship to steal the joy out of your life, to kill off your emotional well-being and to eventually destroy your life and your pursuit of happiness. Jesus has come to give you joy, the life of God and to give it to you in such an abundance that you can spend your days living life to the fullest in every aspect of your life.
There is a great relationship and a great person out there for you, but you must decide if you will continue with your on again/off again relationship for another year or will you make this your year of change. If you don’t have enough fortitude or mental and emotional strength to do it for yourself then do it for your children (if children are involved in your life) or your family who is tired of seeing your life in turmoil and difficulty.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR ANONYMOUSLY
Read more articles by Dexter Jones or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
This article has been read 936 times < Previous | Next >