The 7 Dimensions of the Holy Spirit that Isaiah the Prophet mentioned in chapter 11, verse 2; is truly an eye opening reality that gives us a clear picture of how the Holy Spirit operates. Itís like having a polished mechanic on board at your building who knows how to fix every building issue we will every encounter. The Holy Spirit is our Spiritual Super to our building (Lives) He knows how to fix it, when to fix it, and HE does it professionally. Paul called us spiritual houses and tents that God the Father has clothed us by giving us the Holy Spirit (See 2 Corinthians 5:1-5 NKJV).
Recap of the 7 Dimensions
Isaiah said that the areas or Dimensions of Anointing we will have on our lives as Jesus had on earth are:
1. Wisdom (The Spirit of Wisdom)-the Holy Spirit imparts to us.
2. Understanding (The Spirit of Understanding)-the H.S. grants us.
3. Counsel (The Spirit of Counsel)-that the H.S. advises us to practically do.
4. Might (The Spirit of Might)-the inner Power of the H.S. that fortifies us to do Godís will.
5. Knowledge (The Spirit of Knowledge)-that the H.S. will reveal the Divine Knowledge of God.
6. Fear of the Lord (The Holy Spirit will impart to us the fear [reverence or respect] toward God) (Isaiah 11:2 NKJV).
Fear in the Greek is- Phobos (Noun) - which means of flight that is caused by being scared. Phobos being a noun and Phobeo being a verb basically means to fear or be afraid. The English word we use is Phobia- a deep and persistent fear of a specific object, activity, or situation.
The different types of fears that humans struggle with is, fear of animals (spiders and snakes), fear of flying, and fear of heights. The Social Phobias are fear of interacting with others, public speaking, fear of inadequate sexual performance, and fear of eating in public places. Then we have Agoraphobia when people are afraid of crowded places and public places. People often feel an intense anxiety with symptoms such as sweating and dizziness.
The American Heritage Dictionary defines Phobia as- a persistent, abnormal, or irrational fear of a specific thing or situation.
We perhaps experienced abuse in a relationship so we are disappointed then discouraged to want to receive Godís forgiveness, mercy, and healing for our abuse and we close the door of our heart to want to trust, believe and develop another relationship for fear of being hurt again. We are being irrational about the fear (Phobia) of developing another relationship.
It could be a business deal gone bad, a relative that did you wrong when you helped them out, it could be abuse at work with your supervisors, or mistreatment by fellow employeeís especially within law enforcement. We begin to hope for the best and expect the worst.
This clichť is hurting many from tapping into the truth of Godís word. As Christians we hope for the best and should expect that God is going to turn it around for the good despite whatever challenges we encounter (See, Romans 8:28 NKJV).
The Holy Spirit Imparting Divine Fear
When we are Born-again the Holy Spirit begins to inspire us to FEAR GOD, that is, we will supernaturally within our heart desire to RESPECT, REVERENCE, HONOR, and OBEY GOD. The Second meaning of PHOBOS is- reverential fear of God, as a controlling motive for living life in a spiritual and moral manner (not because God is going to kill you for any mistake you make), but because you dread displeasing God.
Isaiah said it this way; ÖThe Spirit of Knowledge and of the fear of the Lord (v.2d NIV)
And He (Jesus) will delight in the FEAR of the LORD. (v. 3 NIV) (Isaiah 11:2-3 NIV)
Isaiah said that Jesus will experience the 7 Dimensions of The Holy Spirit and the first area or Dimension Isaiah said that Jesus will ultimately begin operating in, is delighting in the FEAR of the LORD. The delight we gain by serving God is caused by the Holy Spirit to inspire us to read the Bible, attend church services, and be part of Christian events.
The Holy Spirit will little by little place a desire to do or be a part of godly activities. I remember when I experienced being Born-again in December 1991, I was waiting in anticipation for Sunday to come by really quickly to attend Church services.
The Fear of the Lord
The Fear of the Lord may sound like a very religious and serious term thatís only used by those who are classified by others as being mature or serious believers. However, itís a topic that needs to be taught clearly and very practical so we may tap into the blessings of God. The Fear of the LORD is the gateway to everything else in God. If we desire WISDOM or KNOWLEDGE we must FEAR the LORD.
David said; The FEAR of the LORD is the beginning of WISDOM; and good understanding has all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever (Psalm 111:10 NKJV).
Solomon said; The FEAR of the LORD is the beginning of KNOWLEDGE, but fools despise WISDOM and INSTRUCTION (Proverbs 1:7 NKJV)
Connecting what Isaiah said about the 7 Dimensions of the Holy Spirit with what David and Solomon said is clear as day. In order for us to experience Godís KNOWLEDGDE, INSTRUCTION, UNDERSTANDING and WISDOM for practical Christian living we must FEAR [Respect, Reverence, Honor and Obey] God. Secondly, we do His Commandments.
The Practical Way of FEARING GOD
Iím going to give you guys a practical approach to FEARING GOD.
1. Delight yourself also in the Lord (See Psalm 37:4 NKJV) And He shall give you the desires of your heart. When you wake up if youíre a morning person delight yourself in Him by beginning to praise, pray and read His word. If youíre a night person do it in the night.
2. By developing this habit of wanting to fellowship with God you will increase a great RESPECT and HONOR to do what He said in His word that will challenge you to apply whatever principle you gain insight of and demonstrate your faith.
3. FEAR [Respect and Honor] will turn into KNOWLEDGE of His will.
4. Divine UNDERSTANDING of what you gain KNOWLEDGE of will motivate you to do His will.
5. WISDOM will grant you all of the practical approaches to fulfill His Divine will.
6. If you experience doubts and fears then He will COUNSEL you to do it in a unique way.
7. Granting you POWER and MIGHT to live out the truth of His Word.
The Holy Spirit works in this order to bring us to the place God wants us to be in. The 7 Dimensions is available to us at all times. We just have to do our part because the Holy Spirit will never stop doing HIS part. These 7 Dimensions is not a Spiritual Gift or a Ministry Gift itís the Holy Spirit (Himself) imparting, sharing, giving, instructing, and inspiring us to do things Godís way on a daily basis. So get acquainted with Him, get to KNOW HIM personally, and experience all the blessings God has in stored for you. Amen.
Great article Manuel. Fear of the Lord is so often misunderstood. I find it to be exactly as the Bible describes it as far as benefits for me go. Thanks for posting this.
You might check out this forum on the site.