What we have today in the election of the President is a “popular vote” Election System
Why do we vote twice in order to select a person for the office of president of the United States?
Why are 50% of the “electors” forbidden to nominate the person of their choice for office of the President?
Why do we adhere to the notion to call the voter “an informed electorate?”
These and many other statements are the results of being taught wrong and changing the mode for electing the president to something that is not.
This is the way the American voter see the election of the President of the United States
1. We only have two political parties
2. We vote for the party of our choice in “primaries”
3. The two parties have a national convention to nominate their person for president
4. We donate millions and millions of dollars to our party
5. We watch presidential debates on TV
6. Millions of voter don't know who they are voting for-see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnJ7OJPqGW4 of the 2008 Presidential election and look what we got
7. Millions of Voters then go to the polls to vote on election day know as “the General Election”
8. The Media informs us who has won the “election” when the polls are still open
9. That the voters are being deceived as they are electing “electors” and not the person
10. The so called Electors goes to the state capital in December to vote the will of the people even though a winner has been declared already
11. It now seems official—a president is elected
This way of voting for the President is so entrenched in fraud and deception. People do not really know whom their voting for as they believe in TV ads and speeches. Wherefore Alexis de Tocqueville stated in 1835, “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” And this is the way the “candidates” for president will speak to the voter.
The American voter does not understand that the President
does nothing for them. It is Congress that makes the laws that may affect them.
does not make laws—although he does have what is called “executive powers” for his own executive branch and cannot nullify laws passed by congress—the will of the people only serves as a representation of the nation to other nations and not the people
What we have today in the election of the President is a “popular vote” system. I say this because the people vote in the general election and then 50% of the Electors, by State laws, are forced to vote the will of the people. They are not free electors to vote. It a Popular Vote System. This is our “feel good” election system. It's not the one that the founding fathers wanted.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE Read more articles by John Rhinehart or search for other articles by topic below.