I bumped into some interesting questions, for which I have no answers, but I do have Scriptures that reveal some things about Judas Iscariot that many of us have probably not thought about.
He was the "son of Simon", but the Bible does not tell which of several Simons he was the son of. By process of elimination (of all the good Simons), I discovered one evil Simon.
Acts 8:9 - " But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, THIS MAN IS THE GREAT POWER OF GOD.
11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when SIMON SAW that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, HE OFFERED THEM MONEY,(All about money...Is THIS the father of Judas Iscariot?)
19 Saying, GIVE THIS AWESOME POWER TO ME ALSO, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, THY MONEY PERISH WITH THEE, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the LORD for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me."
Then, I discovered a familiarity between Simon the Sorcerer who thought himself to be "like God", and his deep connection to money...and the same connection to money found in Judas Iscariot.
John 12:3-6 -"Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but BECAUSE JUDAS WAS A THIEF, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
Finally, I discovered that the words, "SON OF PERDITION" is used only two times in the Bible:
Judas was Called the "Son of Perdition" by Jesus.
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
2.2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition"
"Son of Perdition" only appears two times in the Bible. The first reveals that Judas IS the Son of Perdition. The latter reveals that this same "Son of Perdition" comes back to sit on the throne of the new temple to be built on Mount Zion in Jerusalem...JUST BEFORE CHRIST appears in the clouds to take all of His saints home.
"Simon the sorcerer who was perceived as " the one to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God." And...Peter told him, "Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God."
Judas was the son of Simon...the one who was thought of as God himself.
Was Simon the sorcerer Judas' father?
The Bible gives no indication of Simon's last name, but the other Simons were all God-fearing good guys. Simon Peter....Simon the tanner, etc. The only evil one was Simon the Sorcerer.
Could this Simon represent Satan?
Did Jesus point out that Judas IS "The Son of Perdition"...son of Satan?...a devil himself?
Well, interestingly enough Jesus called Judas exactly that in John 6:70 - "Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?"
Is this an indication that Judas, Son of Satan, will come back as the anti-Christ, and occupy the seat - the throne of God in the new Holy Temple to be built atop Mt. Zion?
I think there is a direct connection, THEREFORE, it would also explain why Judas was hand-picked as the "one who would betray Jesus" and as the "Son of Satan" who would again appear to fulfill two Bible prophecies.....
1. Psalm 41: 7-12 -" All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt. An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more. Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me. But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them. By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
2. 2 Thessalonians - 2-12 - "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth (Holy Spirit) will allow, until he be taken out of the way. (The rapture of the saints).
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.1 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
Just some thought-provoking questions that nobody can truly answer, but logic might dictate there are a lot of possible connections to consider....especially as we approach the end time.
And, based on my research, here is how things will happen SOON:
1. Israel will cause a preemptive strike on Iran. (I wrote that in my book, America’s Two Holy Wars that I started in 2004 – finished in 2010) This is precipitated by Ahmadinejad’s belief that HE is the one chosen to usher in the “12th Imam” or “al Mhadi”. You could sanction him to death, offer him seventy virgins now, and ten billion in gold, and he will not relent.
2. Israel will eject ALL ARABS out of Israel and, in particular, off Mount Zion right after that strike. (They may hit Syria, too).
3. Israel will build their Holy Temple on Mount Zion – just behind the Western wall. (This will take about 3-3.5 years).
4. Israel will sign a treaty with the U.N. – signed by al Arab nations (after the strike).
5. The treaty will be broken when the Holy Temple is finished.
6. The Arab nations will surround Jerusalem when the Holy Temple is finished.
7. The Holy Temple will be desecrated when it is completed.
When all of the above happens – one step at a time as outlined, this is what Jesus Himself said: “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh”.
Luke 21: 20-28
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
When the very FIRST THING HAPPENS....PAY ATTENTION! That should unfold within MONTHS....not years. The rest should unfold between 2015 and 2017.
After that, ALL HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE ON THE EARTH.
John Tyler, Author of nine books.
FIVE of my books are bible-bases, so those are FREE!
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Tyler or search for articles on the same topic or others.