I first ran across the organization known as the Oath Keepers back around 2009 or 2010 when attending an event in the San Gabriel Valley. I was there to attend a lecture by Dr. Stanley Monteith but while I was at the conference I visited the several tables with information and CD's discussing various freedom issues. It was here that I came across a table with information about the Oath Keepers.
What is Oath Keepers?
The founder of Oath Keepers is Steward Rhodes who founded his organization in 2009 for the purpose of defending the United States Constitution.
Our form of government in the United States is a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy as our modern public schools like to tell us.
A Democracy is majority rule or mob rule. It has humorously been defined as two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for lunch.
Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, and veterans who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic … and meant it.
Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and that oath will be kept. We won’t “just follow orders."
Below is their declaration of orders they will NOT obey because they consider them unconstitutional (and thus unlawful) and immoral violations of the natural rights of the people. Such orders would be acts of war against the American people by their own government, and thus acts of treason.
Oath Keepers say they will not make war against American citizens. They affirm they will not commit treason but will defend the Republic.
Below is a Declaration of Orders they say they will NOT obey.
The following is taken from their OathKeepers blog.
Recognizing that we each swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and affirming that we are guardians of the Republic, of the principles in our Declaration of Independence, and of the rights of our people, we affirm and declare the following:
OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
More information can be obtained about this organization by going to www.Oathkeepers.org
Carlton Pruitt ministers the gospel to the Los Angeles area. Formerly a Hollywood actor (SAG member)and junk removal expert he now spends most of his time studying the scriptures, writing articles, hymns and poems and doing street preaching.
See his videos on http://www.youtube.com Type LAStreetPreacher in the search bar. CONTACT at Carlton2061@gmail.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Carlton Pruitt or search for articles on the same topic or others.