Many of us recite the Lord's Prayer without realizing how powerful it is. This article will analyze the Lord's Prayer to show it's Supernatural Powers From God.
Let's begin by reading (and praying) the Lord's Prayer at Matthew 6:9-13:
Our Father Which Art In Heaven, Hallow Be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done In Earth As It Is In Heaven. Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread And Forgive Us Our Debts As We Forgive Our Debtors. And Lead Us Not Into Temptation But Deliver Us From Evil. For Thine Is The Kingdom, and The Power, and The Glory Forever And Ever Amen.
Now Let's Analyze Its Supernatural Power. It really Greatly help you if you look up all cited Bible scritpures, reading them out loud and praising (praying to) God as you study this information. The Holy Spirit will then become evident in your life in Power and Presence.
1) Our Father Which Art In Heaven-God is your and my Father. He created us. He loves us. He loves us so much that He gave His Only Son to save us from eternal life in Hell. Because of God's Love and Jesus' Blood we can now live eternally in Heaven with God (1 John 4:8; Acts 20:28; John 3:16; Romans 5:9).
2) Hallow Be Thy Name-God is Hallow. He is Great. When we believe in God all things (anything) becomes possible for us (Matthew 19:26). We should get in the habit of using all the Endless Names of God. If you do not know all the names of God use an internet search engine. Type in the search box, "what are the names of God". Begin praising God telling Him how Great He is and be sure to used those names! The Holy Spirit's Presence & Power will become evident in your affairs.
3) Thy Kingdom Come-Yes God has a Kingdom. All Christians are Kings and Priests of that Kingdom (Revelation 1:5-6). No Christian should feel dejected or "messed up". No matter what we experience in this human life God sees us as Kings, Queens and Priest! Don't let Satan's evil kingdom cause you to doubt how Great God is and How Great He Has made you through the Blood of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:9; Matthew 4:1-11).
4) Thy Will Be Done On Earth-Yes as Christian We are to be obedient and help have God's Ways and Will on planet Earth (John 14:1-8).
5) As It Is In Heaven-Heaven is Holy As God Is Holy. Because of the Shed Blood of Jesus Christ any Christian can freely approach God's throne through Prayer, Praise, Worship, Song and Study (Hebrews 4:16).
6) Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread-Jesus recommended us to take each day at a time. God promises to provide all our needs for each day. Thus we never have to worry about anything (Philippians 4:6-8; Matthew 6:25-33; Hebrews 13:5-6).
7) And Forgive Us Our Debts-Because of Jesus' Blood We can always ask God to forgive us for our sins and debts. God is Faithful and He will Surely Forgive Us. This does not mean that we will be free of the results of our actions. But if we seek God He will give us Peace.He will neither Leave Us Nor Forsake Us (1 John 1:7-10; Philippians 4:6-8; Hebrews 13:5-6).
8) As We Forgive Our Debtors-God forgave us with the Blood of His Own Son. Thus we must forgive others. If we don't forgive others God won't forgive us. When we fail to forgive those who have sinned against us we leave our mind, hearts, ways and soul to Satan's rulership (Matthew 6:14-15; Genesis 4:1-16).
9) And Lead Us Not Into Temptation-We can ask that God saves us from temptations, test and trials. Jesus did this at Gethsemane. In that case God's Answer To Jesus Was No. God wouldnot offer any alternatives to Jesus' "cup". In times like that we may have to accept the assignment ("evil") that God has lead our way (Mark 14:36-40; 2 Corintians 12:7; Job 1:1-10; Job 2:1-10).
10) But Deliver Us From Evil-We can always ask God for Deliverance while we continue to Praise Him, Obey Him and Worship Him and He Will Surely Deliver Us (Psalm 69:1-4, 14; Job 1:15-17; Job 2:1-10).
11) For Thine Is The Kingdom-God has now put Jesus Christ at the Head of All Rulerships. Christians have nothing to fear (Colossians 1:16; Colossians 2:15; Romans 8:38; Proverbs 29:25).
12) The Power-God has all power. Christians have nothing to fear.
13) And The Glory Forever-Christians should Praise God All The Time. He Is An Awesome God
14) Amen-So Be It (We Agree)!
When a Christian begins and ends their day saying, repeating and reflecting on the Lord's Prayer they will triumph over the trials of life. Begin Praising God as you awake. Continue doing so through out the day. It is never too late to Praise God. He Is Faithful. He is Worthy. And He Loves You. Do not let anyone or anything cause you to cease seeking God daily. The Lord's Prayer recited and reflected upon daily is a Great Way (John 14:6-7).
This article can be freely utilized and edited as long as credit is given to its author (Gary Colin).
Read more articles by Gary Colin or search for articles on the same topic or others.