God May Send You Through Evil(s), Storms, And Shadows Of Darkness. But Nothing Will Ever Over Take You (Psalm 23:4; Matthew 14:22-33; Exodus 20:21; Isaiah 43:1-2).
The Bible's God promises to change us internally, externally, to heal us and to restore what was lost (or taken) (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15; John 3:1-8; Exodus 15:26; Jeremiah 30:17; Leviticus 26:3-13). This article examines how God wants to do so for each one of us.
If we want God to help us become better we must:
1) Love God with everything that we are and have (Matthew 22:37-28; Proverbs 3:9). Hundreds of people sought Jesus (God) because he provided food for them. Jesus admonished those people not to love God for what He can do, but to love God for Who He Is (John 6:1-51). If we Love God First He is Faithful. He Will Never Leave Us Nor Forsake Us (Hebrews 13:5-6; Hebrews 11:4-7).
2) Confess Our Sins To God And Repent (1 John 1:7-10; Matthew 4:17). God will immediately come to anyone who confesses their sins and asks Him (or Jesus) to come into their life and circumstances.
3) Ask God for His Holy Spirit to come upon you to help you remove ungodly things and replace them with God's Things. God's Things are Always Spirit (John 4:24; John 3:3-8; Galatians 5:1-25; 1 John 2:15-17; 1 Corinthians 6:9-13; Matthew 4:1-11).
4) Primarily fill your mind with God's Holy Word (The Holy Bible). Be sure to use a Bible Translation that was directly translated from the original languages that God used (such as the King James 1611 AD version) (Romans 12:1-5; John 17:17; Psalm 119:105; Revelation 22:18-19). Using the Bible to "cast down" anything that isnot of God the Spirit is essential to receiving God's Presence and Help in your life (2 Corinthians 10:4-7; John 3:3-8; John 4:24).
God's Biblical Word has an answer for anything you will experience (2 Timothy 3:16).
5) Learn Not To Worry (which is lack of Faith in God's Love for you) and only Think Holy Sprit Led Thoughts (Philippians 4:6-8; Proverbs 29:25; Psalm 112:7; Matthew 6:25-34). Who you are must be in alignment with Who God Is in order for you to fully benefit from God's Help (John 17:20-22; Exodus 3:11-18).
6) Study the Gospel, the New Testament, and the Bible to get the Mind of Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:4-12). Jesus Christ said that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The Bible says that Belief in Jesus leads to Everlasting Life (John 14:1-7; John 3:16).
7) You are in Spiritual Warfare. Satan the Devil doesnot want you to obey God and inherit Everlasting Life. You must put on the Whole (Entire) Armor of God (Revelation 12:7-16; Matthew 4:1-11; Genesis 3:1-16; John 3:16; Ephesians 6:10-18).
8) God gives Spiritual Gifts of the Holy Spirit to His Children. Use the Bible, Prayer and Your Experience to learn what your "Gifts From The Holy Spirit" are (1 Corinthians Chapter 12).
9) Meet with fellow Holy Spirit Led Christians, worship, praise and serve God together (Psalm 133:1; Hebrews 10:24-35; Psalm 145-Psalm 150).
If you do the above you will "Walk In The Holy Spirit" and be One with God. You will be Born Again and Saved (John 17:21; John 3:1-8; Galatians 5:16-25). God promises to bless, heal, dwell with, protect and provide for any person who trusts in Him, obeys Him and does what the Bible commands above (John 15:10-19; Proverbs 3:5-6; Deuteronomy Chapter 28; Exodus 15:26; Jeremiah 30:17; Leviticus 26:3-13).
Some might say that they have dedicated themselves to God but He has failed to do the things He promises to do. We must remember that Jesus painfully asked God to change certain events concerning Jesus' arrest and trial (Mark 14:33-39). We must remember that God allowed King David to suffer in "the deep mire" and David begged God for help and deliverance (Psalm 69:1-4, 14). We must remember that Jesus sent his disciples out into the Stormy Sea in order to increase Peter's Faith and to prove that Jesus really was God (Matthew 14:22-34; Psalm 107:28-31).
If we are obeying God we have nothing to fear or worry about. Nothing will overtake us and God will Provide (Psalm 112:7; Isaiah 43:2; Matthew 6:25-34; Proverbs 29:25; Proverbs 3:5-6). If during our obedience God allows "trouble" to visit us we are commanded to continue to patiently trust in (wait on) God knowing that He is Faithful and Good (Psalm 27:14; Psalm 37:34; Proverbs 20:22; Luke 8:15; Luke 21:19; Romans 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 6:4; Colossians 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 1:3-4; 1 Timothy 6:11; Hebrews 6:12; James 1:3-4; James 5:10-11; Matthew 14:22-34).
We must never give in to "negative" or "doubting" thoughts or communications (1 Corinthians 15:33; Philippians 4:6-8). God is Good and Faithful. He will never fail any obedient Christian (John 15:10-19; Hebrews 13:5-6; Psalm 73:1; I Timothy 4:4).
Continue To Praise God No Matter What Is Going On In Your Life (Psalm 145:1-21; Matthew 27:46; Job 1:1-12; Job 1:13-21).
This article can be freely edited and utilized as long as credit is given to its author (Gary Colin).
Read more articles by Gary Colin or search for articles on the same topic or others.