True & False (Carnal) Christians: The Bible's Distinction
Jesus warned that there would be people who seemed to be Christians but were false. The King James Bible Version calls False Christians "carnal" Christians (Romans 15:27; 1 Corinthians 3:1-4; Romans 8:7; Romans 7:14; 2 Corinthians 10:4) and "tares" (Matthew 13:25-40). Jesus said that these persons would not inherit Heaven (Matthew 7:11-25). God is Love and gave His Only Son so we can inherit Heaven (John 3:16; 1 John 4:8; Romans 8:32). The Bible clearly shows what a True Christian is inside and outside. This article reviews the Bible scriptures that inform us what is needed (those fruits Jesus described) to enter the narrow gates of Heaven.
They had everybody fooled. The Church thought that they had given a big offering to God. God eventually revealed how false and dishonest (carnal) they were (Acts 5:1-11; Romans 15:27) ). The King James Bible talks about wheat and tares (Matthew 13:25-40). It can be very difficult to distinguish between (divide) a false and true Christian. The Bible is a sharp two edge sword which has no trouble dividing (distinguish) truth and falsehood (hyprocisy) (Hebrews 4:11-12; John 17:17).
In Matthew Chapter 7 Jesus differentiated between False and True Christians. Let's examine Matthew 7:13-20:
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them".
Ananias and Sapphira found out that God isnot interested in outward displays of Godliness. God is interested in the inward man/woman (person-who you really are). This inward part of you and me must be guided by the Holy Ghost of God (Acts 5:1-11; Matthew 7:15-16; 2 Corinthians 4:16).
So how do we change our "insides (who we really are)" to affect our outsides? We must confess and repent of our sins to God (1 John 1:7-10; Matthew 4:17). We must also ask Jesus to come into our lives as our Lord and Savior (John 3:1-16). We must also ask God for the Holy Ghost to help us change (Luke 11:13; John 4:26; Galatians 5:22-24). We must also become familiar with the Bible. The Bible tells us what God hates and what God loves (Proverbs 6:16; John 3:16; 2 Timothy 3:16; John 17:17).
We then must diligently strip off the things about us that God hates (Hebrews 11:6) and replace those things with the things of God's Spirit (Galatians 5:1-24; 1 Corinthians 6:9-13).
This article will list the eight areas that the Bible counsels sincere Christians to cultivate intheir lives:
1) Unquestionable Trust In God (Which is Faith-Hebrews 11:4-6).
2) Things Christians Should Always Think About (Philippians 4:6-8).
3) The Fruit of God's Spirit (Galatians 5:22-24).
4) The Whole Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).
5) The Mind of Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:5-7).
6) The Peace of God (Philippians 4:6-8).
7) The Gifts (Manifestation) Of God's Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:1-20).
8) The Things In Our Lives That Are High Place Strongholds Against God (And Worldly Distractions) Must Be Cast Down (2 Corinthians 10:4-5; 1 John 2:15-17; 1 Corinthians 6:9-13; Galatians 5:15-25; John 17:7-21).
This article will now give a fuller explanation to the eight areas of the Christians personality which are to be cultviated:
1) Unquestionable Trust In God-Seasoned Christian know to believe what the Word (the Holy Bible) says no matter what is occurring in the physical world. We walk by Faith and not by sight, sound, touch, emotions or anything perceived in this physical realm of God's creation (2 Corinthians 5:7; Hebrews 11:1-5; Matthew 4:1-11).
2) Things Christians Should Always Think About (Philippians 4:8)-Things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good, virtuous, and/or praise worthy-We must totally eliminate anything from our minds, hearts, lives, thoughts and persons things that arenot on approved by God's Word ((2 Corinthians 10:4-7; John 17:17) . We must constanly and daily feed (and retrain) our minds on what God feeds us. Prayer, the Holy Ghost, and Godly associations will greatly help us (John 14:26; Hebrews 10:24; Psalm 133:1; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17).
3) The Fruit of God Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith Meekness, Temperance- As we begin to "get our minds right" with God and cultivate the Fruit of God's Spirit, it will become obvious that we are really true Christians of God on our way to Heaven (Matthew 7:13-14, 16-20; Galatians 5:22-23).
4) The Whole Armor of God is Loins Girted with Truth (God's Bible Truth John 17:17; John 4:24), Breastplate of Righteousness (God's Righteousness), Feet Shod With The Preparation Of The Gospel Of Peace (Kingdom Of Jesus Christ), The Shield Of Faith (Hebrews 11:1), The Sword of God's Spirit Which Is The Holy Word Of God (Hebrews 4:11-12), Praying And Supplicating In The Spirit, Caring About And Praying For The Saints Of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)- Anything coming from Satan's Dark Kingdom will have trouble succeeding when a Christian becomes Spirit (John 4:24; John 3:3-8; Galatians 5:1-25) as opposed to just being a Christian by name (Matthew 4:10-11).
5) The Mind of Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:5-10)-is Humility, Shame For God's Will, Sacrifice Unto Death, Loving Others, Caring For Others, Dying For Others, Obeying God Unto Death, Total Devotion To God's Kingdom, Serving God, and Serving Others-When Our Mind and Will Is Always On Pleasing God We Will Of Course Produce The Fruits Needed To Enter Heaven (Matthew 7:13-25; Galatians 5:19-23).
6) The Peace Of God (Philippians 4:6-8)-The Bible Instructs Christians To Pray To God About Everything And Not To Worry About Anything (Matthew 6:25-34).. God Is The Father Who Loves Us (John 3:16) And He Promises Never To Leave Us Or Forsake Us (Hebrews 13:5-6). The Bible Also Advises Us To Pray For The Holy Ghost's Presence Which Is The Peace And The Wisdom Of God. The Peace Of God Is Total Calmness And Belief That God Is In Control And Will Work Things Out For Our Spiritual (And In Many Cases Physical) Benefit (Romans 8:28). You Can See A Seasoned Christian Face Death (Or Anguish) Smiling And Engaging In Fun Activities. They Have Placed Their Full Trust In God (Proverbs 3:5-6).
7) The Gifts (Manifestation) Of God's Holy Spirit-God gives every Born Again and Saved (John 3:1-8; Matthew 24:13) Christians Supernatural Holy Spirit Gifts. Each Christian must prayerfully read 1 Corinthians 12:1-20 and discern what Spiritual Gifts they have been blessed with (Matthew 7:11; James 1:17; John 4:24).
8) Anything In Opposition To God's Holy Word Is A Strong Hold (Satanic "High Place") That Must Be Cast Down (2 Corinthians 10:4-5). All Sins, Evils and World Ways must be sought out, confronted and Cast Down. These ways keep us in opposition to Growing With God and they must be removed (2 Corinthians 4:4; James 4:1-10; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; John 3:1-16).
Although we are are "born in sin" and don't always imitate Jesus Christ (Psalm 51:1-7, Romans 5:12), a sincere Christian is actually not hard to discern. The Book of James tells us that it is the Holy Bible which acts as a mirror to "expose" true and/or false Christians.
So what should we do when we realize that we are not removing sin from our lives and cultivating the Spirit (John 4:24)? Just smile and remember that God Loves You and Me (John 3:16). Right now pray to God and ask for His forgiveness of your sins and His Holy Ghost to help you become a Spirit filled Christian servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
God Loves You And He Is Good All The Time (1 John 4:8). Be Of Good Cheer. You Have Nothing To Fear. In Fact You Have The Blood Of Jesus Christ Which Saves You (Matthew 14:24-32; Proverbs 29:25; Romans 5:9; 1 John 1:7-10).
This article can be freely edited and utilized as long as credit is given to its author (Gary Colin).
Read more articles by Gary Colin or search for articles on the same topic or others.
Gary,we are on the same page a very informative article. Just smile and remember that God Loves You and Me (John 3:16). Right now pray to God and ask for His forgiveness of your sins and His Holy Ghost to help you become a Spirit filled Christian servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.