Very few Christians (or anyone else) have the mountain moving Faith that Jesus taught about. This article will examine the situation and give Faith increasing admonitions. God can do all things (1 John 4:4), is an Invincible Spirit (John 4:24) and is only Moved by human's Faith (Hebrews 11:6).
In my many decades of serving God I've learned one important thing. God wants heart moving and public faith and expressions of love towards him. In other words a person can be very elite when it comes to Godly knowledge, study and teaching. But they will need the Giant Killing, Praise Expressing, Godly Love, Public Expression and Immediate Acting Faith that David showed. It is actually this type of Praise and Faith that Moves God To Move Mountains for you. Godly Knowledge is also a plus.
1) Most people (including Christians) don't realize the power of God's Holy Bible (Hebrews 4:11-12). As long as you are reading, studying, and speaking into your life a Bible translation of the original texts you will be filling your life with God's Power. Be sure that you are using a Bible translation for the original languages (texts). Make it your daily goal to heartfeltly learn this Holy Book the way a pilot would learn his manual (Revelation 22:18-19; Acts 4:11-12; John 17:17; Matthew 4:1-11).
2) David was a worthy example of God Praise-David wrote most of the Psalms which essentially praise God. Many Christian don't believe in getting soulful and lively while praising God. Yet David tore his shirt off, danced and publicly praise God in the streets. David even made his own instruments to better praise God. David is a prime example of what any worshipper should be in Godly Praise. Such heartfelt energetic, and continuous praise moves God to show favor. The offerings we give God are also part of our Godly Praise to Him (2 Samuel 6:1-5, 12-23).
Let's display an example of using God's Word to Praise Him and Grow Strong In The Lord (Ephesians 6:10). Let's utilize the Lord's Prayer. You can start your day off with and even through out the day with Matthew 6:9-13.
Begin audibly praising God by saying:
Dear Father you dwell in Heaven, Your Name is Great. You Are Worthy. Your Name is Hallow. I Bless Your Holy Name. Lord I ask that Your Kingdom Come To Earth. Help Me To Be Like Jesus. He is King Of Kings And Lord Of Lords. Praise Jesus. Help me to be like Jesus on Earth. I Praise You Father God! Dear Lord Thank-you for helping me with my provisions. Please help me in these areas that I am now mentioning to you. Dear Lord please forgive me of my sins. Help me to forgive those who have sinned against me. Dear Lord help me not to sin against you. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. Dear Lord you rule all things. Yours is the Kingdom, The Glory and the Power. Forever and Ever Amen!
When you Praise God audibly into your astmosphere you bring Power into yourself and your surroundings (Matthew 4:1-11). The key factor is to stay Postive Rejoicing God no matter what your situation is or how it is effecting you. Always Rejoice and Praise God (Psalm 118:24).
Your Postive Rejoicing no matter what will move God to show you Mercy, Favor and Grace. Very few Christians know that Jesus sang a hymn to God right before He was arrested, beaten, humiliated and crucified (Matthew 26:29-31).
So we must learn to regularly and consistently speak God's Word (the Bible) into our lives, to stay optimistic and to praise God always.
3) We exhibit Faith in God by applying His Will and Ways in our Lives. But we must ask for the Holy Spirit (John 14:26) to change our fleshly human ways and Connect with God The Spirit (John 4:24; 1 John 2:15-17).
The Bible gives us specific areas we need to ask The Holy Ghost to help us Grow Spiritually In.
A) We need to strip off our fleshly and worldly ways and cultivate the Fruit of God's Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:9-13; Galatians 5:1-24).
B) We must recognize that Satan's Kingdom is Evil and to obey the Bible's Way To Stand Against It (Ephesians 6:10-18).
C) We must cast down Non-Godly beliefs and ways of thinking and replace them with the Mind Of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4-7; Romans 12: 1-5; Philippians 2:4-12).
D) We must not worry but must trust in God's Holy Spirit to give us Peace and Wisdom through all concerns (Philippians 4:4-8; Matthew 6:25-33; Proverbs 29:25).
It is possible for a person to show Faith in God and be Helped by Him. Yet if that person doesnot strip off the old (worldly) personality and cultivate the Spirit, they willnot be a long term servant of God. That's why the Bible encourages Christians to pursue the Spirit (Galatians Chapter 5).
4) No human will be perfect. We will each have our own personal flaws and also trials that God sends our way (Job 1:1-10; Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:11-13). It is our personal responsibity to ask God for the Holy Spirit (Jesus Please come into my life as my Lord and Savior) and grow with the Holy Spirit as the Bible directs. God may still bless us if we arenot spiritually growing. Yet it is to our best interest to become Spiritual People (Born Again) as only those will inherit God's Kingdom (Matthew 5:45; John 4:24; Galatians 5:1-24; John 3:1-6).
5) As a long time servant of God I've learned to act wisely to avoid calamity (Proverbs 22:3). It is wonderful when we fully trust in God and He blesses such faith. Yet there are many times when we act in faith and realize that maybe we could have avoided the incurring loss with wisdom. A financially struggling person can't donate to every cause. Promises of blessings for givers don't always happen.
We must learn to pray to God for Wisdom and His Voice as when to offer and not offer. Yes Jesus fed thousand but He wisely took up all remains. He didn't say, "I can just make more" and wantonly waste. Christians should be bountiful givers but they should also utilize discretion (Psalm 112:5; Mark 8:8; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
I've also learned to present wave offerings before God concerning any offerings I've given to others. I call it "sowing seeds" that God does promise to bless (Read all of Psalm 112; Malachi 3:10).
This is why it's essential to really study and KNOW God's Holy Bible. Doing so will activate the Holy Spirit in your life and you will have God's Wisdom and blessings. Others probably won't appreciate you but God will promote and honor you (Psalm 112). In my opinion this type of Faith is just as essential as Faith the Moves (Momentary) Mountains and Obstacles. As this type of Faith is Eternal based on God the Spirit and not just based on present or impending circumstances (John 10:3-5).
May God be with us all as we diligently seek the Spirit in this fleshly motivated world (Hebrews 11:6; Galatians Chapter 5; John 4:24; 1 John 2:15-17).
This article can be freely edited and utilized as long as credit is given to its author (Gary Colin).
Read more articles by Gary Colin or search for articles on the same topic or others.