" if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land". ( 2 Chronicles 7:14).
(In the American slaughter of the English language ,we use the term "What if" to suppose something, or to take something as an assumption. A sentence that begins with "what if" basically presents a condition and asks what a (or the) result will be, would be, or would have been if that condition is/were had been fulfilled. In other words, "what" basically asks for the other half of the IF-sentence. Here are some examples: What if he isn't there? Should I leave a message? What if I take this road and the train stops me? Should I go another route, etc.? )
As with any other industry there are a lot of "pipe dreams or "what if's". out there in politics. And if you tune in the local news media's, you've probably heard most of them. So, here's my short list of government "WHAT IF's".
• We lie to the Congress and it's a felony but if Congress stretches the truth, it's just political speech.
• Congress can now pass laws. without reading them.
• We dislike a person of a different culture we're a fanatic but if they dislikes us, it's their 1st Amendment right.
• War's can now be labeled a misunderstanding.
• Taxes can now be labeled a fee.
• The right to "bear arms" is no longer a just law.
• The news media is one sided and only dictates the governments view.
• The government spends millions to rehabilitate criminals but
they do almost nothing for the victims.
• In public schools teaching homosexuality and lesbianism is ok, but you better not use the word God in the teaching.
• We can murder a child in the mother's womb, but it's wrong to execute a mass murderer.
• We burn books in America by rewriting them.
• We get rid of the communist & socialist threats, by renaming them progressives.
• We protest against government policies, we are labeled a terrorist, but if we burn an American flag in effigy, it's our 1st Amendment right.
• We allow pornography on TV or on the internet, but not be allowed to put a nativity scene in a public park during Christmas or the Ten Commandments in our court houses.
• Criminals are now called sick people that need help.
• The government takes money from those who work hard & gives it to those who are lazy.
• Parenting has been replaced with propaganda visual aids & video games.
• If our US Construction is now outdated.
• The fundamental church teachings are replaced with atheistic views.
• If Christianity is replaced with a more logical form of religion.
• The land of opportunity is now the land of hand outs.
So, here you have it. My short list of governments ostensible "What If' freedoms. I'm sure you have a list of your own, as well.
Thus, what actuality is freedom? Freedom by any other synonym simply means liberty and independence. It is an absence of undue restrictions and an opportunity to exercise our individual rights, powers. and desires.
Freedom not only implies a lack of restriction but also gives us the ability to stand alone. Basically, freedom is being able to do what we want to do, when we want to do it, as long as we abide by our beloved " US Constitution"..
Regardless of some beliefs, our nation is still the "Land of the Free", the " Home of the Brave, and " In God we still trust".
Yes, our freedom was bought by the sacrifices of others, and may we never forget that.
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.
"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery". ( Galatians 5:1) .
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW