Sunday 7/8/12 Pastor Michael sermon: Kingdom Promotions=Rewards for Faithfulness Matt 25:14-30
In this parable, the rich man divided the talents according to each servantís ability. If people donít have much, it may be because they cannot handle having much money (talents). There are principles that will guarantee your promotion. Everyone should have ethics and businesses with ethics will grow.
Businesses need toÖÖ
1) Be trustful: Do what you say you will do for the consumer.
2) Have clear documentation: Get and give it in writing.
3) Become community involved: Be a blessing to the community.
4) Be respectful: Give the respect that you want yourself.
The Kingdom of God has principles also. We need them to grow, prosper and be promoted. When we operate in Kingdom principles, we will be blessed exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we ask or think. God wants us to be promoted and to have more. God wants us to go UP! Up to the next level, to our place of wealth and prosperity.
1) We must Maximize our Opportunities: The first servant took his five talent and immediately went and traded for five more talents. He maximized his talents immediately. The servant was grateful for the talents he was given and didnít have time to complain about what he didnít have. He didnít waste time trying to figure out stuff. He left immediately and was planning while he was on the way to the bank. Donít worry about tomorrow but praise God for today!
2) Urgency- Do Stuff for the Lord Urgently: When God gives you something to do - work it! Do what you do and do it well!! Its not about how much you have but what you do with it! The second servant with only two talents went and got another two talents. He worked it too! If God gives you the opportunity, act like you belong there. Work it! Work with what you have! Donít complain if others have more than you. Just work what you got! Do stuff for God Urgently!
The third servant dug a hole in the ground and hid his one talent. He was afraid because he was comparing himself to the other servants. He only had one talent and didnít do any work with this little bit. If he had just made one more talent, it would have been 100% growth. This servant showed that he would not do anything. How we use our money determines our promotions.
Those of us who have been faithful with our money by using Kingdom principles, need to get ready for a promotion. God rewards faithfulness! Donít bury what God has given us!
Be faithful over a few things and God will blow your mind with the blessings and new levels He will take you UP to!!