Many persons feel that God either doesnot answer prayers or doesnot answer prayers the way people want him to. God describe himself as the Hearer of prayers (Psalm 65:2; Revelation 8:3-4). God is Love and wants to help us (1 John 4:8; John 3:16). This article will teach readers how to regularly approach God and receive answered prayers.
We make time for anything we want or need to do. It is essential to regularly make time for you and God. God/Jesus has sent us His Holy Spirit to be with us always. The Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) is our teacher and helper (comforter) (John 14:1. 6, 9-12-18, 26).
God's Abundant Presence will be personally felt when a person regularly and sincerely (purely-Matthew 5:8; Hebrews 10:22) approaches Him as listed below. No one has to be totally righteous, holy or religious to approach God. God loves you and me so much that He gave His Only Begotten Son (Jesus) for us. We can approach God with Bold Confidence (John 3:16; Romans 5:9; Hebrews 4:16 1 John 1:7-10). We must use God's Holy Word to get His Thoughts and Feelings on matters. This is what Jesus Christ did when He defeated Satan (Matthew 4:1-11; Revelation 12:11). Be sure to use a great Bible translation (such as the King James Version 1611AD) as the Holy Ghost inspired it (2 Peter 1:20-21).
Regularly Approach God The Below Way To Get His Response:
1) PRAISE GOD- Always come to God with Positive Praise. You can start talking to (praying to) God with praise. If you are not sure how to praise God read Psalms 145-150.
2) WORSHIP GOD- You worship God in this manner: "Oh God there is noone like you. You are worthy and faithful. You are Our Creator. We praise you dear God. We thank-you."
3) THANK-GOD- I personally make a list where I thank God for all He does. It is imperative to our Godly relationship to be Postive and Thank-ful (Psalm 95:2; Psalm 100:4; Psalm 116:17; Philippians 4:6).
4) SING TO GOD- Singing Songs To And About God is Essential. If you are not Blessing The Lord with Singing you are actually cutting off His Blessing to yourself (Psalm 147:7; Read All Of Psalm 145-150).
5) REJOICE IN GOD- God is a Happy (Joyful) God who controls everything. Stress and Sadness isnot in His thinking or vocabularly. If we expect to receive anything from God, we must Have FAITH in Him, Believe that He Will Hear Our Concerns and Rejoice That He Is Our Savior, Helper And Deliverer. We must be of Good Cheer and FAITH if we expect God to help us (James 1:5-7; Psalm 144:15; Matthew 9:2; Matthew 14:27; Mark 6:50; John 16:33; Acts 23:11;Matthew 9:22; Matthew 15:28; Read All Of Psalms 145-150).
6) SUBMIT TO GOD-It's essential to say to God, "Lord I can't do this without you. I'm here to do your will. Correct me Lord. Use me as you see fit" (James 4:6-8). It doesnot matter if your sinful nature (flesh) rebels. It does matter that you get in the habit of regularly verbally submitting to God. When worshipping God it is also Spritually Advantageous to hold up your hands in praise and submission to God Almighty.
7) CONFESS YOUR SINS- Jesus' Blood has cleansed us. As we regularly confess our sins to God He will forgive us (1 John 1:7-10; James 5:16). This doesnot mean that we will escape the results of our sins (Exodus 34:7).
8) ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS- God promises to forgive any who ask Him for forgiveness as long as they are covered by the Blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) (1 John 1:7-10; Romans 5:9; John 3:16).
9) REVIEW YOUR PREVIOUS CHANGE GOALS- At this point you are to honestly review with God all things that you asked the Holy Spirit to help you with. You must speak to God about your successes and struggles. You never have to feel dismayed or distraught with God. God loves you and is here to help you. All things will work together for your goodness in Jesus Christ. God may not always Favor your concerns BUT He will always be there with your through them. God will never Leave You Nor Forsake You (Deutertonomy 31:8; Hebrews 13:5-6; Matthew 14:27; Romans 8:28-32; Job Chapter 1; Job Chapter 2). Thus you may have to continually talk to God about certain concerns. Remember not to be dismayed. Be sure that you Don't Give Up and continue to Trust in God Who Is Always Good At All Times!
10) ASK FOR GOD'S HELP-Many people seek earthly (phyiscal, material) solutions to their concerns. Followers of God (Jesus) are commanded to walk in the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16, 25). In other words a psychologist might tell you that it will take decades to heal and forgive. That is earthly (carnal, fleshly) information. Jesus Christ (God) commands His followers to daily forgive and warns that if they do not forgive they won't enter Heaven (Matthew 6:9-14). We must regularly pray, "Dear God please help me to personally obey your Holy Spirit and remove all my earthly and fleshly ways. Please help me Dear God to walk in the Spirit and Obey Your Word (John 15:10; John 14:15; John 14:16-18, 26).
11) MAKE PERSONAL REQUEST TO GOD- Having completed steps 1 through 10 you can now begin to talk to God personally. He really does want to hear what you have to say. I love my personal conversations with God. These conversations can range from praising to screaming to accusing to crying to being very thank-ful to being very hurt or disappointed to anything. God really is you and my Father. He really does put up with all our foolishness and lacks of faith. It is only through honest, open and personal conversation with God will you ever really grow Strong In Faith And Holy Spirit (Psalm 69:1-4; Mark 9:28-29, 33-37).
12) PRAYER FOR OTHERS- If you have followed steps 1 through 11 you are now in a "perfect" position to pray for others. You can better symphatize with their faults, concerns and plights. This is why God had to become The MAN Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:14-16; John 19:5; John 18:33-38). I pray for others at home, in church, in mind and at http://www.praywithme.org
13) READ AND SPEAK THE HOLY BIBLE- Many Godly people are "powerless" because they either do not regulary speak God's Word (The Bible) or they are using a false translation of God's Word. The Power And Authority Of God's Holy Spirit Can Only Be Found In An Accurate Bible Translation (2 Peter 1:20-21; Revelation 22:18-19; John 17:17). You must personally read God's Word regulary and speak what you are reading. Speaking God's Word out loud into your life will bring you God's Blessings And The Invisible (and some times visible) presences of God's Angels (Psalm 103:20; Matthew 4:1-11; Daniel 10:1-5; Revelation 1:1-15). You can always talk to mature Christian or research on the Internet for your Spritual concerns. If you were wondering if modern Christians have the same power (authority) that Jesus does (John 14:12) you can go to http://www.igoogle.com and type in the search engine, "Do modern Christians have the same power as Jesus does"? You will appreciate all the links that arrive for your own prayerful study(s). Remember you need no teacher. The Holy Spirit will continue to teach you and Grow with you if you regularly apply these steps in the order that God has given you (1 John 2:27; John 14:15).
14) REFLECT ON GOD-Use this time to reflect on all the Good God has done in your life. We humans tend to only focus on our present problems. God will only shine his Favor on us when we Praise Him, Glorify Him and Lift Him Up!
15) APPRECIATE GOD- Once again Praise and Appreciate God. As you regularly apply these steps you will become a Praising Worshipper Of God. You will no longer be guided by any negativies or manipulations of evil (1 Timothy 4:1).
16) MAKE HOLY SPIRIT CHANGE GOALS- If you have faithfully applied steps 1 through 15 you can now ask God's Holy Spirit to help you change. You must be Born Again. You must gain victory over your fleshly sins and replace them with the Spirit (John 3:1-21; John 4:24). The following Bible Chapters will help you to know what to ask God's Spirit to help you in (Galatians Chapter 5, 1 Corinthians Chapter 6; 1 John 2:15-17; Philippians 4:6-8; Philippians 2:5-7; Romans 12:1-4; 1 Corinthians Chapter 12; Ephesians Chapter 6). It would be wise to pray for the Holy Spirit and make a list of this information. You can then regularly pray for God's Holy Spirit to help you gain victory over sin (evil) (Revelation 12:11). This will of course be a lengthy process. Never let anyone magnify your flaws (youth-growing stages) while minimizing your Godly progress (spiritual maturity) (1 Timothy 4:12).
17) GIVE CONCLUDING PRAISE- As your regular approach to God winds down, you should praise Him again. You can never praise God enough. The Praises God Up and God's Blesses come down. I always praise God in church, in home, in my mind and at http://www.praisereports.org
18) THANK GOD-Always Thank God. He will Favor you for your expressed appreciation.
19) CONCLUDE IN JESUS' NAME- If you have regularly done steps 1 through 19 then Jesus promises to answer any prayers in harmony with God's Will (John 14:13-15).
20) ATTEND AND SUPPORT A LOCAL CHURCH-God's House Is Your Local Christian Church. God commands Christians to Honor Him in His House. We must all lovingly put up with each others' flaws (Hebews 10:24-25; Matthew 16:18; Matthew 6:9-14; Ephesians 5:23; Psalms 145-150).
Anyone who follows these steps will experience God's Presence in their daily lives. They will also personally see Him respond to their concerns. I can wholeheartedly testify to these as True (John 4:24; John 17:17).
This article can be freely edited and utilized as long as credit is given to its author (Gary Colin).
Read more articles by Gary Colin or search for articles on the same topic or others.