The Importance Of Time
by Carlton Pruitt
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Hear what God says about time:
"There is a time for every purpose under heaven" Eccl 3:1
"But when the fulness of the TIME was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons." Galatians 4:4-5
"(For he saith, I have heard thee in a TIME accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted TIME; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" 2 Cor 6:2
The first thing we can say about time is that it is time to repent for God commands all men to repent.
"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent" Acts 17:3
It is time to confess your sins and forsake them. It is time to seek the Lord while He may be found. "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteoussness and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33
My friend, God is about finished with the human race. You ought to be seeking Him while you have breath and life because you will be dead some day not far thence and then what will become of you in that dreadful hour?
"As it is appointed unto men once to die but after this the judgement." Hebrews 9:27
Death is an appointment that everyone will keep. There is no escaping it my beloved. Let that funeral you attended not long ago sober up your tender soul and begin to weep and mourn for your many trangressions. Jesus said, "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4
This mourning is not a mourning over the loss of your home or the loss of worldly possessions. No, no. This mourning that Jesus is speaking about is a godly mourning over your sins against a Holy God that you have sinned against. Your unbelief has brought you under God's terrible wrath and it abides on you as does the heat and flame from a fierce and deadly fire.
Oh, what an awful thing hell will be to those who did not mourn for their sins. They were proud and loud. They were haughty scorners who would not listen to God and his preachers.
God will have no other choice but to damn sinners to a Christless eternity because they did not believe the Son of God
when they were told to trust and obey.
Time is the area of change, maturation and development.
From man's perspective his time is limited. He has 168 hours a week or 24 hours a day with which to do his work, eat, sleep and fellowship with his family and friends.
Part of this time includes getting out the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. For the life of me I can not see how so many professing Christians waste their precious and valuable time watching silly TV shows or going to the movies or milling around shopping malls without thinking about how they should be redeeming the time for the days are evil. Isn't that what the word of God teaches us?
Brethren, you need to take seriously what God says about time.
People have time to sin by indulging in their own selfish pleasures, time to entertain themselves watching sports like football, baseball and basketball, time to amuse themselves by going to fairs, carnivals and similar activities but no time to serve the Lord they profess to love and follow.
If you have children what are you spending time teaching them? What are they spending their time doing these days?
Are they wasting themselves by filling their impressionable young minds with ungodly music with foolish lyrics and worldly sounds?
Are they wasting time on Facebook, gossipping or following gossip? Warn them or be warned now that God is angry with such a waste of precious time.
Instead teach your children well and encourage them to study the Bible and memorize scriptures which will profit them both in this life and the life to come if they should enter into that eternal rest found in the Lord Jesus Christ.
God will hold you responsible for the way you train your children.
As one of the poems I wrote says: Many ways a man may take in life but heaven's open gate, opens never widely but for those whose way is straight.
Live Right-Carlton Pruitt
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
What is that way? The way is the way of Jesus for He is the Way. He is the Truth and He is the Life. John 14:6
If you want yourself and your children to have eternal life then you must have the Truth and to have the Truth you must be a follower of the Way.
The disciples of the early church in Acts were said to be followers of "The Way"
Believers in Jesus Christ are created for a specific time and purpose. Your life has a purpose if you are a Christian. You are to be a witness of what Jesus has done for you by saving you from your sins. But how pray tell can you be a true witness if you are living for yourself and not for Jesus?
We are not our own anymore if we belong to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He has redeemed us with His precious blood so "that they who live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who died for them, and rose again." 2 Cor 5:15
When you eat are you taking the time to thank your heavenly Father for the food He has provided for you? If not consider this that there are many who are starving to death in the world for lack of food. It is a very easy thing to take for granted what others steal and kill for, that is, food. Food will get more expensive in the coming years and it will put a strain on your pocket book. Thank the Lord for your daily provision and be not unmindful of God's goodness.
"Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
Let us all start taking more earnest heed to how we spend our time for time is important. It is limited.
Let me encourage you to work while it is day for the night comether when no man can work.
1. Pray more. You can not be a Chrisitian and not pray. That would be like a fish out of water. The fish would die because it is out of its element. Likewise, all true Christians pray to their heavenly Father by adoration, confession of sins, giving of thanks and supplication. A.C.T.S
2. Meditate and memorize more scriptures. These will comfort you and help keep you from sinning. David said "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11 Psalm 119 is a good place to begin your meditations.
3. Evangelize More. Not everybody is called to preach out in the streets or with the assembled saints but everybody can hand out or distribute gospel tracts. There are many free tracts if money is an issue. Write to me and I'll give you a good source of faithful gospel tracts that will communicate the truth of God's message of salvation to your lost family, friends, acquaintances or strangers.
4. Get in a faithful Bible study: You should be engaged in using your time to learn the word of God. Ignorance is no excuse these days. There are so many Bible helps online but you can and should attend a Bible study nearby where the Bible is faithful taught. You need to grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord. "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18
5. Visit the sick, fatherless and widows: How many are the aged and feeble who lie in rest homes and convalescent hospitals whose relatives hardly stir a foot to visit their loved ones. How we ought to do unto others as we would have others do unto us. What will God say to those who have neglected the elderly and refused by laziness and other excuses to visit their parents or grandparents? God will judge such people in that great hour. Let us be diligent to give heed to what the Bible says about such matters. "Honor thy father and they mother" Exodus 20:12
Now here are some other things you may need to take time out of your busy schedule to do right now.
1. Write a letter of encouragement to somebody
2. Confess your fault or sin to somebody that you have wronged
3. Clean up your house or get rid of unwanted stuff that is cluttering up your living area. Stop procrastinating. Just do it.
4. Take a friend someplace who has no transportation.
I'm sure you can add to this list. The point is start putting a premium on your time right now. God will not be pleased with time wasters. Do not let anybody steal time from you.
Finally, take time to be holy.
Let me leave you with that blessed hymn by William Longstaff
Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, and feed on His Word.
Make friends of Godís children, help those who are weak,
Forgetting in nothing His blessing to seek.
Take time to be holy, the world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret, with Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus, like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.
Take time to be holy, let Him be thy Guide;
And run not before Him, whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow, still follow the Lord,
And, looking to Jesus, still trust in His Word.
Take time to be holy, be calm in thy soul,
Each thought and each motive beneath His control.
Thus led by His Spirit to fountains of love,
Thou soon shalt be fitted for service above.
Carlton Pruitt ministers the gospel to the Los Angeles area. Formerly a Hollywood actor (SAG member)and junk removal expert he now spends most of his time studying the scriptures, writing articles, hymns and poems and doing street preaching. See his videos on http://www.youtube.com Type LAStreetPreacher in the search bar. CONTACT at Carlton2061@gmail.com
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Carlton Pruitt or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.