“And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee, there you will see Him. Behold I have told you.”
So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word. And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them saying, ‘Rejoice!’ So they came and held Him by the feet and worshipped Him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me.”
Now while they were going, behold, some of the guards came into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened. When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, saying, “Tell them, ‘His disciples came at night and stole Him away while we slept’.”
• When God gives us a revelation, He expects us to act on it quickly. We also become responsible for what we do with it. This is why the angel said to the 2 ladies “Behold I have told you”. He had completed the mission he was sent to fulfill and given them the responsibility of passing on the good news to the friends of the Lord. Too many times we hear from God about doing something for His Kingdom, or about changing something in our lives but we take our time to take any action, or forget about it altogether! The Lord is looking for our quick response and eager action.
• Obedience gives us the assurance of the presence of Jesus. The ladies obeyed the messenger from Heaven, and went out “quickly” from the tomb. They were already rather awed and overwhelmed with their angelic encounter, so it is possible to imagine how they felt when they ran into Jesus Himself! They may have been gazing at Him speechless and shocked, because He said “Rejoice!” (He probably meant “Are you ladies not happy to see me alive and well? Be happy!”) Of course they were delighted to see the One whose pain and suffering they had wept over for the past three days. They did rejoice as they fell at His feet in worship because the presence of Jesus always draws us into worship.
• Jesus said “Do not be afraid”. He wants you to step into your calling and assignment without fear. In last week’s message, we spoke about the stone over the entrance to the tomb of Jesus as symbolic of the many hindrances the enemy has tried to place in your life. Fear is one of them, and it limits us and stops us doing what we know God wants us to do for Him. When He has given you something to do, you can be sure that He will enable you by the power of the Holy Spirit, and His presence will be with you to guide and strengthen you as you tune in to Him and walk in His leading. It is not a question of your experience, skills or abilities. It is all to do with the presence and power of Jesus as you step forward in faith to do what He tells you to do. We are up against an organized army but He has already given us the victory. When the guards ran to the Jewish leaders and told them about the angel and the resurrection of Jesus, they simply paid the guards to lie about it and say that the disciples stole the body of Jesus while they slept. The devil is still lying to people about the reality and the resurrection of Jesus, because this is the basis of our victory and our faith. However, the truth is real and the Father is calling His kids to stand for Truth out in the market place, and refute the lies of the enemy as we shake off all intimidation and live loud for the resurrected King!
Dear friend, let me leave you with some thoughts from the Holy Spirit:
1) God has divine appointments and angelic encounters for you as you continue to love and seek Him. He is taking you into a new season of revelation, and opening your spiritual eyes to see into the realms of the supernatural. Get ready for some excitement! Get ready to see things you have never seen before!
2) Jesus has a ministry and calling for you. It could be that you have been wondering about your purpose and mission in life, but as you tune in to Jesus and open your heart to listen, you will begin to experience His leading on your heart. You will know without a doubt what He wants you to do.
3) As you obey the leading of the Lord, your life will be filled with the presence and power of Jesus. When we encounter the presence of the King and begin to worship Him, all fear, stress, and depression melts away and it becomes easy to just flow with His will and follow the Leader! Everything and anything becomes a possibility as we rest in His peace.
4) Bring the truth to others. Stand firm in the Word of God as you stand for the Truth and bring it to others in the face of all the lies the devil brings, as he constantly seeks to turn people and nations away from the one, true, living God. Things may seem to be very bad around you, but know that the truth sets people free (John 8:32), and you are a carrier of Truth. You can make a big difference to someone’s life by sharing the living Word which God has entrusted you with, and you always have the help of the Holy Spirit.
5)Someone may have distorted the truth about you and your life or ministry, but know that God is your vindicator. The lies of the enemy will soon be broken, and the truth revealed. Know that the Lord of Hosts is fighting on your behalf and when God is for us, who can be against us! (Romans 8:31). You are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:37).
6) Break free of Fear. If fear and anxiety are an issue for you, just take authority today and cast the spirit of fear out of your heart, mind and body, in the mighty name of Jesus. If your sleep is frequently disturbed by fearful nightmares and you wake up with your heart thumping, then you most certainly need to cast fear out.
In the power and authority of the name of Jesus, I break fear off your life today, and call you into the fulfillment of the destiny God has for you. I declare open doors before you. I declare the expansion of your borders and the increase of God’s favor on your life. May His presence go before you and make every rough way smooth. You are beautifully and wonderfully made in His image (Psalm 139:14). You are valued, cherished and much loved by your Father. He has good plans for you, and you will see them all come to fruition as you continue to walk with Him and live in His love. Be filled with faith! Be filled with His Spirit, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Minoli Haththotuwa, 16 April 2012
Read more articles by Minoli Haththotuwa or search for articles on the same topic or others.