Eight Things Forbidden By God
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Christians, meaning those people who have truly made a conscious decision to accept Jesus as God in human flesh and the One who died and rose for our salvation by grace through faith, are called to maintain certain moral standards, and refrain from doing what Scripture forbids. Here is a list, though not comprehensive, of seven things that God forbids. There are more, but these are some of the most common in our culture today. I am not going to quote these passages, but simply cite the reference. You are encouraged to get your Bible and read these passages for yourself.
Here are eight forbidden areas that Christians could do well to heed:
1. Astrology, signs of the zodiac, and horoscopes. (Exodus 20:3; Deut. 4:19 and 17:1-5)
2. Having sex before marriage. (Hebrews 13:4; I Thess. 4:3) The first verse given here uses the word "fornication." The definition of fornication is, "sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other."
3. The occult and witchcraft. (Deut. 18:10-12; I Samuel 28:3, Leviticus 19:31)
4. Abortion. (Psalm 139:13-16)
5. Homosexuality. (Romans 1:24-27; Leviticus 18:22)
6. Drunkeness. (Ephesians 5:18; Prov. 20:1, and 23:20)
7. Gambling. (Matthew 6:19-21; I Tim. 6:6-10)
8. Tattoos. (Leviticus 19:28)
If you are a true, regenerated Christian who has called upon the name of the Lord for your salvation but are involved in any of these practices, God's forgiveness is extended to anyone, but in the words of Jesus, "Go and sin no more." In other words, do not call yourself a Christian if you are content with continuing in ways contrary to God's teaching.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by John Clark or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Mr. Jackson, it is not a matter of losing your salvation. Why would a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who wants to live a holy life, have a DESIRE to do these things?
Hmmmmm.... back to "do not taste, do not touch, do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that"? I lose my Christianity if I go into this forbidden zone then?