I wonder how many Christians know this to be trueóthat the Holy Spirit teaches all things. It sounds like a great Sunday morning sermon but do we really believe it? If itís trueóhow does the Holy Spirit bring across His teachings? What did Jesus say about it? What did Paul say about the Holy Spiritís teaching and how will we be sensitive to pickup His supernatural lessons? Enquiring Christian minds want to know!!!
Listen to What Jesus Said
Jesus shared so much information about the Holy Spirit in the long discussion in the upper room giving us revelation of how the Holy Spirit actually works with the believer. We must take a closer look at what Jesus said in order to be in a spiritual position to fellowship with this powerful invisible teacher.
I love Jesusí explanation because He places the practical into the supernatural. In other words, He makes it simple to understand and apply whatever we learn when it comes to experiencing the Holy Spiritís Ministry.
1. The Holy Spirit is our Helper (John 14:16)
2. He will be with us forever (Constant Companion) (John 14:16)
3. He is the Spirit of Truth (He will reveal to us the truth of Godís word) (John 14:17)
4. The world does not know Him (John 14:17)
5. We know Him, He dwells with us and is in us (John 14:17)
6. He will TEACH US ALL THINGS (John 14:26) (ALL THINGS MEANS ALL THINGS)
7. And bring us to remember ALL THINGS that Jesus told us (John 14:26) (WE WILL BE REMINDED OF ALL THINGS JESUS SAID).
The Insight and Practical Approach
If we read this short list over and over until it sinks into our human-born-again-spiritís we will eventually come to understand what Jesus is talking about. Let me point out that there is more information about the Holy Spirit that Topical Concordances draw out like a list of 100 or more things. I donít want to give you a long theological list like these concordances because you will not get the point or practical application needed. Besides Concordances left out a lot of other things about the Holy Spirit. So donít be impressed with Concordances we still have to dig in deep into scripture that Theologians failed to bring out.
I want to go deeper into the 7 things Jesus mentioned in these verses. If we receive more insight into them then it would be way better than a list of a 100 things we can learn from a Concordance.
The Holy Spirit will HELP us--how? If we go back to John 14, verses 1 thru 16, we will understand what kind of HELPER we will have in the Ministry or service of the Holy Spirit. Jesus tried His best to give the disciples so much assurance to what Heís doing that a lot of it was questioned and re-questioned by the disciples.
Where He was going; The fact that the Father was working in Him; They didnít understand so Jesus said you seen Me you seen the Father; The Father speaks through Him; The WORKS verify that the Father is in Him; If you donít believe Me then believe the WORKS themselves; If you do GREATER WORKS will you do because I go to my Father; If you ask in prayer anything (in regards to the GREATER WORKS) I will do it.
Finally, Jesus said if you love Me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another HELPER. I summarized John 14:1-16; to point out why in the world we need a HELPER. Whatever Jesus said flew-right-over the disciplesí heads. Thomas and Philip kept questioning Him and the rest of the air-heads who kept quiet pretending to understand what Jesus meant but they were just as lost.
So Jesus had to go deeper but practical about the Mission of the Holy Spirit. Unless the Holy Spirit reveals the things that Jesus said the disciples and all people throughout the generations would be lost (spiritually blind to the GREATER WORKS concept and the MISSION of the HOLY SPIRIT).
This is why Jesus gave us further insight to the Holy Spiritís Mission;
1. To Help us understand what Jesus was saying v.16
2. To Reveal the truth about it v.17
3. To Teach us ALL THINGS v.26
4. And Bring ALL THINGS to remembrance. V.26
Paul Said It!
Paul wrote to the Christians at the City of Corinth about Spiritual Wisdom and how we obtain it.
1. Paul said, but God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches ALL THINGS, yes, the DEEP THINGS of God. V.10
2. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. V.11
3. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. V.12
4. These things we also speak, not in words which manís wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. V.13 (1 Corinthians 2:10-13)
What Jesus tried to explain to His disciples in John chapter 14, is what Paul tried to explain to the Christians at Corinth. How we obtain Spiritual Wisdom and revelation of who God is and how He operates.
ALL THINGS CONCEPT
Iíve been purposely high-lighting ALL THINGS, DEEP THINGS, and GREATER WORKS for a special reason. Jesus was trying His best to inform His disciples about the Supernatural Mission He was on and mentioning the WORKS FACTOR, THE GREATER WORKS we will do and learning about ALL THINGS as the Holy Spirit will teach us ALL THINGS and bring us to remember ALL THINGS that Jesus had said.
Why am I stressing these points? What applications can we see in these points? If we go back to my previous articles;
1. Jesusí Teaching Ministry Part 1
2. Jesusí Evangelical Ministry
We will learn that Iíve been led by the Holy Spirit to point out that we must;
1. Grow to the full measure and statured of Jesus Christ in His teaching ministry, and His Evangelistic Ministry and grow in ALL THINGS into Him who is the HeadóChrist (Ephesians 4:11-15)
2. Jesus told His disciples to go out into all the nations and Teach them ALL THINGS He taught them (Matthew 28:19-20)
3. Finally, we are reading that Jesus and Paul said that the HOLY SPIRIT will teach us ALL THINGS and DEEP THINGS of God (John14:1-26/ 1 Cor. 2:10-13) and He will bring us to remember ALL THINGS that Jesus said.
God the Father and Jesus Christ will speak to us through scripture. The very first time God spoke to me was during a battle I had in the court of law. I asked a paralegal about a simple application that need to be filled out and what are the odds of a favorable decision. This guy took me on a 15 minute negative bashing about the justice system. I was really depressed after that encounter. Being a baby Christian and not knowing the word I just started reading the Bible and was up to 1 Corinthians chapter 2.
I sat down and tried to read with a mind full of what that paralegal had negatively said. I was wrestling with what he said and the scriptures I was trying to read. I had to start over on 1 Corinthians 2, about 6 times then I got as far as verse 5, which said, Your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. BOOM just like that the scripture became alive and real. I understood it for what it meant. Iím not to listen to this knock-head paralegal but apply my faith in the power of God to obtain a favorable decision in the court of law. This how the Holy Spirit made the verse plain and simple to me.
The Holy Spirit Will Teach Us
The Holy Spirit speaks to us by an audible voice (John 16:13)
I remember when I heard the Holy Spirit for the first time speak to me. I was asked to build an Armoire by my supervisor it was for the boss. Well, I was a young Christian in 1993, and I heard how this tyrant boss did not want to give us a list of benefits we requested. So I said no! My supervisor tried his best to get me to do it. I was still reluctant. By the time I reached my room I heard someone say, Whatsoever you do, do it mightily as onto the Lord and not unto men.
I thought it was my neighbor taunting me because he knew I was a new young Christian and I looked next door no one was there. I looked at the other neighborsí door he wasnít there. I was freaking outóam I hearing things. I sat down and thought about what I heard I said, man I think I read that somewhere in the Bible but where? I found it 6 months later in Colossians 3:23.
I knew God was saying to me to build that cabinet. I did it in obedience to God but reluctant to my boss. And do you know God change that tyrant into Santa Clausóhe gave us raises, free gifts, we were able to build anything for our children, and 500 toys for charity. I payís to listen to God.
The Holy Spirit Teach Us ALL THINGS
I want to say this humbly as I canóthe Teachings I shared so far on this site is all from God. I learned them first-hand, applied them and now Iím sharing my experiences. However, many Pastors, Teachers that know me are blown away by the topics Iíve been sharing because I train ministers; I print out handouts and freely give it to them to teach their congregations.
These leaders admitted to me that Bible College and Bible Courses are not as deep and practical as Iím led by the Holy Spirit to share Godís Word. They said that the Ministers on TV and those who have books on the market are not as informative as I was led to teach. I teach by example, I walk them thru it they say. I should be a Pastor they say, On TV! God did not call me to do that.
My reason for sharing this is to point out that the Holy Spirit will teach you about;
1. Salvation and how to preach and teach it.
2. Healing, Miracles, Signs and Wonders how to experience it and how to administer it to others
3. Demonology and Deliverance
4. Angels and Godís power
5. Heaven and Hell
6. Dreams and Visions and how to encounter them and share it with others
7. Everything that Jesus saidówe donít have an excuse because what Jesus said is clear in scripture. Whatever topic He spoke about we have it in scripture. We just have to take time to read it and meditate on it and He will grant us revelation and practical application. Then we can share it with others.
We have everything we need in scripture. We have to invest time in researching it. We have to pray for wisdom and proper steps to make it real in our lives. We cannot allow anybody to hold us back, not a busy schedule, not our family members, not our jobs, and not our unbelieving mentors no one is to get in the way of us receiving Godís Word. We have a HELPER, A CONSTANT COMPANION, A TRUTH REVEALER, A POWERFUL TEACHER and a GREAT WORD PROCESSOR THAT WILL BRING US TO REMEMBER WHAT JESUS SAID amen.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for articles on the same topic or others.