Jesus The Christ
by Dr. Willie B White
Free to Share
Free to Share
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
John 20:31; 1:29; 4:42; 28:20 Matthew 20:20; 8:8; 16:16; Isaiah 9:6; II Peter 3:18
Today's discussion answers the month-long discussion which was focused on the titles associated with Jesus as Christ our Savior; therefore, let's close our discussion with the following titles for Jesus, and they are:
• Jesus as the Son of God: All who believe that Jesus is the Son of God have life everlasting as the believer have accepted Him as his or her personal Savior (John 3:16).
• Jesus as the Son of Man: Jesus is portrayed as the Son of Man because He was both God and man. Jesus as the human sacrifice atoned humanity's sins. Jesus fulfilled all requirements as He was sinless as a man but fully God. The phrase "ransom for many" includes all mankind I Timothy 2:5-6).
• Jesus as the Lamb of God: It was Jesus' death that provided for the removal of sin, its guilt and power it has over the unbeliever. Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world in that God the Father knew His Son would have to sacrifice His life for sin.
• Jesus as Lord: What makes Him Lord? Simply because it is Jesus who provided salvation through His death, burial and resurrection. All must confess his or her sins and believe within their hearts that Jesus is Lord having power, dominion and authority over all.
• Jesus as Savior: The word Savior means one who saves and Jesus fits the requirements because of what He did on man's behalf.
• Jesus as God: The belief that Jesus is God is the foundation of all Christian beliefs as scripture identifies Jesus as God's Son who came as God in the flesh. Jesus as God is the second person in the Godhead.
• Jesus as the Christ: The term "Christ' means the Anointed One, the true Messiah anointed as God's Son who was chosen for an important purpose-providing salvation to all who believe on Him. Jesus is the Christ as He is the Savior of the world anointed from the beginning of time for just such purpose.
Christmas mean Christ because without Christ there would be no honored celebration, no salvation nor hope for tomorrow-everlasting life.
Jesus is the Christ.
Comments are welcome
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Dr. Willie B White or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.