As many families are victims of the economy today and have lost jobs, homes and even unemployment benefits, it is still possible for Christians to live in spiritual victory, by keeping in mind some biblical truths and applying some practical guidelines. Men, this is your opportunity to step up to the plate and be a spiritual leader to your family. There are also a few words of warning. If there is one huge insight that I have learned through my times of financial adversity, it is that I cannot allow my thinking to sink to the same level as my circumstances.
1. Many Christians like to toss Romans 8:28 at you. "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose." The problem here is that this verse is, too often, taken out of context. It is quoted as if to say that everything is going to get better, but this verses has nothing to do with circumstances, but with character development in the midst of circumstances. Don't allow other well-meaning believers to throw this verse at you. Hopefully, your circumstances will change soon, but if they do not, it does not mean you do not love God. That can put a big guilt trip on you. God can, however, use this time to help mold you more into His character.
2. Be thankful, no matter how difficult that might be, for this is part of being in God's will. (I Thess. 5:18)
3. Remember, God is in control. (Psalm 31:15) He is your sufficiency. His care for you is not limited to providing a job. There are many other ways He can provide.
4. Cast all your care upon Him. (I Peter 5:6-9) Also be alert to, and resist, the attacks of Satan. He loves to kick us when we are at a low point in our lives.
5. Seek God's wisdom and guidance. (James 1:2-5 and Proverbs 3:5-6)
6. Claim God's promises. (Ephesians 3:20) Think thoughts of faith. He can meet your needs in ways you don't expect and more than you ever dreamed possible.
7. Focus on not allowing relationships to be damaged or destroyed. Remember, it is not the fault of your spouse that you have lost your job.
8. Be open with your children who are old enough to understand.
9. Don't be shy about asking for help. Many people are in the same situation.
10. Be faithful to God and His word. Be a part of a local church that will help sustain your spiritual and practical needs.
11. Don't allow yourself to just sit at home and watch television.
12. This could be the most important point: Realize that God may want to use this situation as an opportunity to redirect your lives-to chart a new course, or to lead you into a ministry.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by John Clark or search for articles on the same topic or others.
GOD has said; "Once more
I will shake the heavens
and the earth." You can
feeling this shaking going
on now in the economy,
in the marketplace, in
housing, in government!!
Make sure your faith and
hope are placed in unshakable
things: HIS kingdom, HIS
purposes, and HIS Will!!