NEW LIFE LESSONS BSFBP: “It’s a Celebration!” Esther 6:1-6
1 On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of thechronicles ; and they were read before the king. 2 And it was found written , that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's chamberlains, the keepers of the door, who sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus. 3 And the king said , What honour and dignity hath been done to Mordecai for this? Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, There is nothing done for him. 4 And the king said , Who is in the court? Now Haman was come into the outward court of the king's house, to speak unto the king to hang Mordecai on the gallows that he had prepared for him. 5 And the king's servants said unto him, Behold, Haman standeth in the court. And the king said , Let him come in . 6 So Haman came in . And the king said unto him, What shall be done unto the man whom the king delighteth to honour? Now Haman thought in his heart, To whom would the king delight to do honour more than to myself?
1) What did the king do when he could not sleep (v.1)?
2) What did the king discover after reading the records about his kingdom (v.2-3)?
3) What inquiry did the king make about Mordecai (v.3)?
4) What was Haman doing while the king was asking about Mordecai (v.4-5)?
5) What did the king ask Haman (v.6)?
6) What did Haman think about the king’s question (v.6)?
1) Have you ever done anything to help others for which you were not recognized?
2) If so, what (if anything) did you do about the oversight?
3) Have you ever known anyone who was intent on vindicating themselves?
4) If so, what happened to that individual?
1) A true servant of God does not need the applause of people, but only seeks to please the Lord.
2) The Lord always blesses those who do what is right, whether others acknowledge their actions, or not.
3) Because God is absolutely just, we always reap what we sow.