NEW LIFE LESSONS BSFBP: ďItís a Celebration!Ē (Esther 3:1-6)
1 After these things did king Ahasuerus promote Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, andadvanced him, and set his seat above all the princes that were with him. 2 And all the king'sservants, that were in the king's gate, bowed , and reverenced Haman: for the king had socommanded concerning him. But Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence . 3 Then the king'sservants, which were in the king's gate, said unto Mordecai, Why transgressest thou the king'scommandment? 4 Now it came to pass, when they spake daily unto him, and he hearkened not unto them, that they told Haman, to see whether Mordecai's matters would stand : for he had toldthem that he was a Jew. 5 And when Haman saw that Mordecai bowed not, nor did him reverence , then was Haman full of wrath. 6 And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.
1) Who did King Ahasuerus promote (v.1)?
2) How did the king promote him (v.1)?
3) How were the kingís servants to pay homage to the man (v.2)?
4) Who refused to pay homage to the man (v.2)?
5) What did the kingís servants do about the man who disobeyed the kingís command (v.3-4)?
6) Why didnít the man pay homage to the man honored by the king (v.4)?
7) How did the promoted man respond to the man who refused to pay homage to him (v.5)?
8) What did the promoted man decide to do as a result of the one manís disobedience (v.6)
1) Have you ever refused to show respect to someone who was promoted above you?
2) If so, why did you refuse to honor that individual?
3) How did your actions impact your relationship with the individual?
4) Was the individual offended with you?
5) How did your actions impact your job, or church?
1) God sovereignly controls who will have authority over us in our lives.
2) God requires believers to pray for those in authority over them.
3) At times, God allows the unrighteous and ungodly to rule over His people.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Roxie Rogiers or search for articles on the same topic or others.