The Evangelist and Demonology 101
by Manuel Vargas
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
The Evangelist and Demonology 101
Iím grateful to be back with you to continue to share the topic of Evangelism. We must be thoroughly instructed to grow into powerful ministers as Evangelist because it takes much more effort to operate in this calling. We cannot adopt the attitude of Jesusí disciples and go about our day as casual Christians and think we can cast out a demon at will or when needed. We must prepare ourselves spiritually through fasting and prayer.
Remember the story when Jesusí disciples failed to cast out a demon out of the little boy the father of the boy was left in despair, when Jesus came down from the mountain He immediately took charge of the situation with the little boy and asked the father of the boy what happened. Then after hearing the report Jesus said you faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? Bring him here to Me (Matthew 17:14-17).
Jesus immediately cast the demon out of the boy. After the evil spirit throws the boy into convulsions and threw him on the floor Ėthe demon left, everyone was astonished and later Jesusí disciples asked why couldnít we cast him out? Jesus said, this kind does not come out but by prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21).
The Right Attitude about Ministry
I can teach you about the topic of demonology and share great information on how we have victory thru Jesus Christ, authority over demons, and how powerful we are in Christ. The Holy Spirit is not leading me to do that right now. I shared this story in Matthew 17:14-21 about the discipleís failure to cast out a demon-- for a good divine reason. God doesnít want us to develop a big head full of arrogance about ministry like His disciples did. This same story is recorded in the gospel of Luke 9:37-43.
Luke recorded Jesusí life and ministry with great detail and I would like to point out that Jesus trained His disciples immediately after calling them. Luke goes on to share how Jesus;
1. Began teaching with authority and not like the scribes and casting out demons (Luke 4:31-37)
2. How Jesus cast out a legion of demons out of a man in the tombs (Luke 8:26-39)
3. How Jesus gave His disciples power and authority to cast out demons and heal the sick (Luke 9:1-6)
4. However, the disciples hit a brick wall when their demon busting ministry wasnít working. Jesus was coming down the mountain with Peter, John and James after being transfigured and speaking to Moses and Elijah. Jesus encountered the desperate father and discovered the dilemma and dealt with it quickly. Jesus immediately said they were FAITHLESS AND PERVERSE. Then they asked why couldnít they cast the demon out? Because these types of demons have to be dealt with by PRAYER AND FASTING (Luke 9:37-43)
We cannot go on yesterdays anointing or power. Jesus always prayed and fasted for hours before encountering powerful evil spirits. We must do the same thing and remain in prayer and fasting to be anointed and ready to minister in a powerful way each and every day.
Demon busters vs. Disciples
If Jesusí disciples were paying close attention to how Jesus ministered previously they would not have gotten into a jam and be embarrassed. Jesus said;
1. They were FAITHLESS-they lacked the GIFT OF FAITH that the Holy Spirit brings upon them to minister effectively the power of deliverance. Remember in my article (Evangelism with Spiritual Gifts part 1) we spoke about the different levels of faith and to move in the miraculous level we need to be prayed up and sent to minister. After obtaining the anointing of the GIFT OF FAITH as we move in our MEASURE OF FAITH the Holy Spirit will activate the gift of faith and then the working of miracles and the power to heal and cast out demons will manifest itself in our efforts to minister to the person we are trying to help.
2. They were PERVERSE- they had an arrogant attitude. How do we know this because in the same chapter (Luke 9:46-48) a dispute broke out about whose going to be the greatest in the kingdom of God. So they already had pride and arrogance working in their hearts.
3. They lacked PRAYER AND FASTING- to understand fasting I recommend that you read all 5 articles I wrote about it. But to briefly point out why we need to be in prayer and fasting because when we are automatically mature men and women of God fasting and praying consistently we will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and Ministering Angels and we will hear their voices when they tell us ďHey, today donít eat you will have to ministerĒ.
4. Philip is a classic example in Acts chapter 8. Another example is Jesus when He healed Peterís mother-in-law she served Him and His disciples and in the evening Jesus continued to minister to all who were sick and demon possessed (Mark 1:29-34). Then Jesus woke up early in the morning before daylight went to a solitary place and prayed. He was given direction by the Holy Spirit to go to the next towns to minister and He was preaching in their synagogues in Galilee and casting out demons (Mark 1:35-39).
You see how we can miss it if we donít study Jesusí method of ministry. I read 4 books on the topic of demonology and no one ever mentioned this information that Iím sharing right now; because they never taught demonology along with the topic of Evangelism and what it takes to minister effectively. So this is fresh insight that the Holy Spirit is sharing and Iím excited about it.
Teaching by Revelation
We need to pray for insight as we read scripture and research it. We also have to pray for revelation before we teach it. Most of all, we need to experience the training that God will take us thru. You see, God granted me several dreams and visions before I ever read any Christian material on the topic of demonology. I saw these evils spirits, they attacked me in my sleep and I awoke breathing heavy frighten out my shorts and t-shirt not knowing how to deal with these attacks and nightmareís or who to talk too about them. I didnít see any horror movies so why am I going thru these things I thought to myself?
I was left alone to try and figure it out. I pleaded the blood of Jesus and tried to say the name of Jesus like the Pastor would tell me as a baby Christian, but nothing happened. I thought I did not have enough faith or I needed more insight or fasting. But I would be attacked over and over and see wicked ugly looking demons while I was asleep. One time I was choked almost to death and woke up and couldnít breathe. I did not have asthma or any kind of problems. I was encountering these supernatural things on purpose (looking back at it now) to train me not to fear them.
Finally, I obtained one book about the topic of demonology that gave me enough info to help me combat them. It helped for a while then it started over again I received another book and it took me further in understanding demonology I learned to cast them out and renounce certain things. Then I received a book on the topic of Authority in this book the author covered the area of demonology in our authority in Christ Jesus. All this took place between 1993-thru to -1998.
My point in sharing this with you is because we need to grow more in our knowledge of demonology and truly exercise the word of God in this area of our walk of faith. However, to be a powerful Evangelist we will have to dig deeper into the topic of demonology to be of great service to those we will be sent out to minister too.
I will share updated and practical teaching on the subject. I will share more testimony and give you guys a better view of this topic in the next articles to come be ready and prayed up, and if attacked plead the blood of Jesus before going to bed. I will pray with you as we get into this heavy subject. Be alert the enemy will fight you and try to stop you from receiving this information.
Prayer of Protection
Heavenly Father, I stand with every believer who reads this article and desires to know more about the topic of demonology for the purpose of Evangelical Ministry. I thank You for the authority You have given us through Christ Jesus to tread on serpents and scorpions (demons and evil spirits), and power over all the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm us (Luke 10:19). You gave us a commission to go out into the world and preach the gospel and those who believe and are baptized these are the signs that will follow in Your name we will cast out devils or demons (Mark 16:15-17).
We exercise Your authority Father and in Jesusí name we Bind every demonic force that will try to come against us as we endeavor to learn about their activities. We render their plots and schemes harmless and ineffective against our bosses and co-workers who they will try to use. We bind them from trying to use our friends and family members to combat and fight with us. We plead the blood of Jesus over us, over our place of employment, homes, apartments and condos. We plead the blood of Jesus over all our possessions and friends and family. We renounce any hidden things of dishonesty and any sin that will open the door to satan and his demons to attack us. And break any association with evil. We release Your divine protection, power and anointing over our lives to be sensitive and wise enough to see evil before it overtakes us in Jesusí name we pray amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.