Iím grateful to be back to share Godís word with you. We spoke about Philip and how Luke defined him as an Evangelist (Acts 21:8). Then we went deeper into his Evangelistic Ministry in Samaria and on the road which goes south from Jerusalem to Gaza in Acts 8:26-27.
Then in Part 2 we shared about the Ministering Angels and the Holy Spiritís involvement in bringing the Evangelist to minister to the unsaved. Also we spoke about discerning the voices of the Holy Spirit and the Ministering Angels when it comes to Evangelistic Ministry.
Outlines of Ministers
Philip as we know was defined as an Evangelist (Acts 21:8). In Acts chapter 6, we see how he was appointed as a Deacon. (Read the Article I wrote- ďThe MinistryĒ- to see how it happened).
I would like to outline the Evangelistís Gift and Spiritual Gifts; In order to recognize the call of God upon your life as an Evangelist.
1. You must be Born-again (John 3:3)
2. You must automatically be driven by a divine passion to reach the lost (Acts 8:4)
3. You must obtain more power by being baptized in the Holy Spirit, full of the Holy Spirit, have a good reputation, and have wisdom (Acts 6:3)
4. Be led by the Holy Spirit to go and Minister (Acts 8:4-5)
5. You must have the Spiritual gifts of Faith, Miracles, Healings and Discerning of spirits consistently operating in your life(Acts 8:5-8/ 1 Cor.12:9-10)
6. You must know how to preach on the topics of; Salvation, Miracles, Healing, Demonology and baptism of water (Acts 8:5-9)
Peter and Paul had all these gifts and the Gift of Laying hands on believers to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. Something Philip did not have (Acts 8:14-25) And see Acts chapter 10 for Peterís Evangelistic Ministry and Acts chapter 19:1-9 for Paulís Evangelical Ministry.
The Ministry Gifts and Spiritual Gifts Defined
A Ministry Gift is: an Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher as Paul listed in (Ephesians 4:11)
Spiritual Gifts are: Word of wisdom, Word of knowledge, Faith, gifts of healings, working of miracles, Prophecy, discerning of spirits, different kinds of tongues, and interpretations (1 Cor.12:8-10)
An Evangelist would have the following gifts operating consistently in his life- Faith, gifts of healings, working of miracles and discerning of spirits. When we read Acts chapter 8, Philip had these gifts in operation in his ministry.
Since Peter and Paul had a higher calling on their lives as Apostles they operated in all 5 Ministry gifts and in all 9 Spiritual Gifts. The purpose of defining the Ministry gifts and the Spiritual Gifts is to allow us to see what gifts are to be active in the Ministry God has called us to operate in.
Since Philip started out as a Christian who was appointed as a Deacon he had to fit 3 criteriaís;
1. Good reputation
2. Full of the Holy Spirit
3. And wisdom (see Acts 6:3)
Why am I going back there? To make a spiritual point! When God calls us we must be consistently growing in our faith developing a good reputation by obtain wisdom to live a Christian lifestyle. By doing so we will be inspired to pray, fast, read scripture and apply whatever we learn from scripture. Then God will begin revealing things to us about our calling.
I like to be very practical when Iím teaching so let me give you an idea as to how God shows you things concerning ministry. Iím going to be brief with an outline;
1. I was Born-again by reading tracts (Chick Tracts) Dec. 28 1991.
2. I was led immediately to read scripture everyday and pray and send tracts to friends and family.
3. I was challenged to fast in 1992.
4. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues when a brother laid hands on me Sept.2, 1992.
5. I continued to read scripture, pray in tongues and fast and apply whatever God showed me to live a Christian lifestyle.
6. In October 16, 1992, I was reading the story of the Prophets Elijah and Elisha and the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said the gift (that the brother who laid hands on me to be baptized in the Holy Spirit) I will give to you.
I did not know how it was going to happen but the Holy Spirit said when he (the brother asks you if you want anything respond like Elisha did to Elijah.) So when the brother was leaving back to his country on a particular date he saw me in services and said, what do you want before I leave I said a double portion of your anointing to minister to people the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The next day he prayed laid hands on me and I fell to the ground by the power of God.
7. Two days later I saw a vision with Jesus, Peter and John and they were asking Him questions about the ministry and Jesus was telling them what to do. I stood there surprised that Iím seeing this Jesus stood up from the bench they were sitting on and I fell on the ground by the power of God I knew for sure Jesus had called me to minister as Peter and John ministered to the Samaritans.
8. On Feb.3, 1993, the Holy Spirit said, preach about the baptism of the Holy Spirit next Sunday. I really didnít know the entire topic I just knew a few scriptures. On Feb. 7th, 1993 two men received the baptism of the Holy Spirit after I preached and laid hands on them.
9. On March 7th, 1993, I had a vision of a 20ft. tall Angel who was built like (the Incredible Hulk though not green) moved a big 18ft. tall stone block wall for me to preach the Gospel and ever since then I started preaching the Gospel with a powerful anointing people were saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit.
10. April 20th, June 29th, Sept.25th, and 26th, 1993, I had several visions with Evangelist Yiye Avila from Puerto Rico (you can Goggle him) he instructed me further in Evangelism without me actually meeting him in person. God just gave me pointers of Evangelism in a vision with this powerful minister.
11. Dec.26th, 1993, Jesus appeared to me in a vision and took me to Jerusalem 2000 years ago to show me how to teach then the people around him changed from that era to people of today wearing the fashion of today. This when I became an anointed Bible Teacher.
12. March 13th, 1994, Jesus appeared to me everywhere I was led to minister in approval to all the work of ministry that was being done in the services as people were saved, healed and baptized in the Holy Spirit.
13. July 1994, Jesus appeared to me walking in mid-air standing in front of me was a man with a withered hand Jesus waved His hand around the manís withered arm and the manís hand appeared back again.
14. My point is when God calls you he will take you through every stage and phase of ministry it doesnít happen overnight. So be open, be hungry, stay in the word, fast, pray and meditate day and night and God will reveal things to you. Keep going strong in the Lord.
May God bless you be ready for ministry because He wants to use you. My email is Mvargas1320@yahoo.com. Feel free to ask me anything that will help you in your quest to be a powerful servant God wants you to be.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for articles on the same topic or others.