30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down , after they were compassed about seven days. 31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not , when she had received the spies with peace. 32 And what shall I more say ? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong , waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again
1) What absurd thing did the children of Israel do at Jericho to show their faith (v.30)?
2) Why didnít Rahab perish with the unbelievers in her city (v.31)?
3) Review the life of one of the men mentioned in verse 32? What did he do by faith (v.32)?
4) Read verse 33-35a. How did the heroes of faith receive courage to do be victorious in the face of overwhelming obstacles?
1) What overwhelming obstacles are you presently facing?
2) To overcome those obstacles, is your faith in God, yourself, people, or something else?
3) Has the Lord ever instructed you to do something that seemed to be absurd? If you obeyed, what happened?
1) At times, God requires us to do what seems outrageous to onlookers to demonstrate our faith in Him.
2) Often, God uses the most unlikely people to bless His children.
3) Our faith in God is all He needs to do the impossible in and through our lives.