Preparing a Vessel of Honour: [Tips to help you in preparation for service]
By Janice S Ramkissoon
25th October 2011
This piece is from the series: 'Ministering Through Songs'. It is directed at praise leaders. However, the message is one for all believers. ________________________________________________________________
Avoid doing the things that displeases God:
1. Shun profane and vain babblings [2nd Tim 2:16]
2. Depart from iniquity [2nd Tim 2:19]
3. Flee youthful lust [2nd Tim 2:22]
4. Avoid foolish and unlearned questions – they gender strifes. [2nd Tim 2:23]
Practice doing the following:
1. Allow for the purging to take place so you can become a honourable vessel, sanctified and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good words [2nd Tim 2:21]
2. Follow after righteousness [2nd Tim 2:22, 24-26]
3. Use the scripture [2nd Timothy 3:16-18]
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works"
You can use the scriptures to exhort, through songs or to start the session; giving the theme. “But watch though in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry” (2nd Tim 4:5, KJV).
We are a whole being. We have different needs. If we are satisfied in one area of our lives and not the other, we are unfulfilled. When there is deficiency in any area of our lives, it affects the other areas. Therefore, our whole being needs taking care of. That means you as a leader should seek God for fulfilment in the lacking areas of your life and also acknowledge this need in your team members and help them to get to the place of contentment. It is not an easy task but you are called into a discipleship role as a leader and therefore, God has equipped you and will continue to equip you to deal with the issues that arise as you labour in the vineyard. So claim your boldness in Christ and serve him as you serve his children.
****[From the series: 'Ministering Through Songs'. This piece is directed at praise leaders in particular but is also a reminder to all]****
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW