When the Lord God fights for a person or a nation, such an individual or nation will never experience defeat. We also need to realize that God�s strategy for winning battles is far different from the strategies employed by conventional soldiers in winning war. Soldiers depend on three things to win battles.
1. The kind of weapon engaged in such battle. When a nation�s army has weapons that are more sophisticated than that of the enemy during warfare, such a nation has tendency of winning the battle.
2. The numerical strength of the army.
3. The expertise, knowledge, experience of the soldiers in an army is also a determinant of who wins a battle.
But when God is on the side of an individual in a battle, it doesn�t matter the kind weapons, number of soldiers and the experience of the opposition; the man with God�s support will always win the battle.
Sennacherib, king of Syria had conquered many nations and had made their kings slaves in his kingdom. One day he sent a letter to Hezekiah, king of Israel to submit to him or face severe battle as other nations had faced. Hezekiah took the matter to God and God promised thus:
�BE NOT AFRAID OF THE WORDS THAT THOU HAST HEARD, WHEREWITH THE SERVANTS OF THE KING OF ASSYRIA HAVE BLASPHEMED ME. BEHOLD, I WILL SEND A BLAST UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL HEAR A RUMOUR, AND RETURN TO HIS OWN LAND; AND I WILL CAUSE HIM TO FALL BY THE SWORD IN HIS OWN LAND.� Isaiah 37:6&7.
God didn�t promise to supply Israel weapons of warfare for the battle. He promised to fight the battle for them. And what happened at the end of the day?
THEN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD WENT FORTH, AND SMOTE IN THE CAMP OF THE ASSYRIANS A HUNDRED AND FOURSCORE AND FIVE THOUSAND: AND WHEN THEY AROSE EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEHOLD, THEY WERE ALL DEAD CORPSES. SO SENNACHERIB KING OF ASSYRIA DEPARTED, AND WENT AND RETURNED, AND DWELT AT NINEVEH. AND IT CAME TO PASS, AS HE WAS WORSHIPPING IN THE HOUSE OF NISROCH HIS god, THAT ADRAMMELECH AND SHAREZER HIS SONS SMOTE HIM WITH THE SWORD; Isaiah 37:36-38.
Just one angel from God fighting in support of Israelites killed 185,000 Syrian soldiers in one night. No physical weapon was engaged, yet such numbers of soldiers, with their sophisticated weapons were destroyed in just one night. God is indeed mighty in battle!
What are the weapons satan, your enemy, is engaging against you? Is he using sickness, poverty, oppression, failure, fear, marital crises, addiction, immorality, and the likes against you? Whatever weapon he may be using, the good-news is that victory can be yours if you allow God to fight for you.
How can God fight for me?
1. You must first make Him the Lord over your life before He can rise to your aid
2. You must report every unpleasant situation in your life to Him just as Hezekiah did.
3. You must trust in His ability to give you victory over every battle you may be facing in life
4. Don�t compromise your faith in God. I mean, hold on to Him even when it appears as if nothing physical in happening in your favour. Nobody saw the angel physically, yet he killed 185,000 soldiers from the enemy�s camp.
I pray that the Lord who has never lost any battle will grant you victory in all areas in Jesus name. Amen. You will come out of that sickness healed, from that oppression delivered, and from that challenge strong. The Lord will restore you and everything that had been destroyed by spiritual cankerworm shall be restored in multiple fold. You will overcome that situation. You will not be consumed. GOD IS MIGHTY IN BATTLE and HE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU.