JESUS SAITH UNTO HIM, I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE: NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME. JOHN 14:6
After following Jesus for more than three years, Thomas started thinking about how to get to heaven at the end of his life toiling. He went to Jesus and demanded that Jesus showed him the way to God. Note the following about Thomas’ question:
(Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? John 14:5)
1. He didn’t ask ABOUT the way, he asked that THE WAY be shown to him. Salvation is not the same thing as having an intellectual knowledge about God. Nichodemus was well read in the things of God, yet he didn’t know God. God desires to give you eternal life, and not just mental knowledge about Him.
2. He admitted his ignorance about life after death. Ignorance is a disease that kills faster than cancer. Are you ignorant of the things of God? Eternal Life is what God promised those who chose to follow Jesus. He didn’t promise a religion position. No one can bribe God by his religion activities. God wants you more than He wants your service. He will not accept the sacrifice of a man who has not given his life to Him.
Jesus gave the best and the right answers that resolved the questions that were going on in the disciples’ heart. What did He say?
1. I AM THE WAY: Jesus did not point Thomas to a way, He revealed Himself to him as THE WAY. You know that any one who desires to get to a particular destination must WALK in the way that leads there; otherwise, he will never get to where he is going. If you have a vision of reigning with God in paradise, then you must follow Jesus who is the only Way that leads there.
2. I AM …THE TRUTH: There are different ways that lead to different destinations. Where you are going will determine the way you will follow. If you follow a wrong route, you will discover at the end of your journey that you are wrong because you will never get to where you are going. If Heaven is your focus, then any other way apart from Jesus will never lead you there. Jesus is the only TRUE WAY that can take you to God your Creator. Since there are two final destinations to human existence, namely: Heaven and Hell. If you follow any other way beside Jesus, it will lead you to hell.
(All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture) John 10:8-9.
3. I AM ….THE LIFE: There is no religion or any creature that promises ETERNAL LIFE except Jesus. Jesus says ‘I AM THE LIFE’ If you desire life, then let Jesus live in you.
(The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10).
Jesus concluded His words by telling Thomas the destination following Him would lead them ‘THE FATHER’
Dear friend, do you know Jesus? I am not asking about your religion position or title. I am not asking about the assignment you do in the body of Christ. I am asking whether you have a personal encounter and relationship with Jesus. Are you born again? Nichodemus came to Jesus, not to settle intellectual matter. He came to meet the Giver of LIFE so that he could have everlasting life. If you are already born again, ask for strength to grow stronger in Him. But if you have not given your life to Jesus, you can do that now by asking him to forgive your sins and save you. He will do it right away. Your position in the church and Christian activities cannot take you to heaven. Only Jesus can.