"In everything, present your request to God…"
Many people often feel confused over prayer. What do I say, how do I say it? The bible gives us clear and simple instructions for prayer, so there's no need to fret over praying. Incorporate these 10 essentials into your prayer life, and watch God move mountains!
1. Find a quiet place: In Matthew 6:6, Jesus tells us, “Here’s what you do: find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God.”
2. Be yourself: In that same scripture, He adds, “Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage.” This scripture says it all. God desires you to be you and be real and be honest.
3. Approach the throne: Hebrews 4:16 tells us to, “approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
4. Cleanse yourself: Ask for forgiveness of any sins or transgressions. 2 Timothy 2:21 says that “whoever cleanses himself will be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, and ready for any good work.”
5. Focus on God: Matthew 6:34 bluntly tells us, “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.” It then goes on to promise, “God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”
6. Trust God: Isaiah 40:13 tells us that when we trust God, our strength will be renewed and we will soar on wings of eagles.
7. Turn praise into prayer: Philippians 4:6 clearly explains that “petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.”
8. Be positive: Reading further onto Philippians 4:7 suggests that we focus on “things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst.”
9. Don’t give up: The Message translation of Psalm 17: 6 boldly claims, “I’m staying on Your trail; I’m putting one foot in front of the other. I’m not giving up.”
10. Believe: God answers our prayers, and even when we don’t see it, declare: “I’m celebrating Your rescue. I’m so full of answered prayers!” Psalm 13: 5, 6
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tristine Fleming or search for articles on the same topic or others.