Someone once said that if an evil one cannot make us bad, he will make us busy. How many relationships suffered because of lack of time? How many homes had been broken because we don’t spend time even asking our loved ones, “How’s your day?”
Precious, meaningful use of our time is the only cure for “busy sickness.” I call being busy a sickness because it is not healthy and actually can make us sick. I admit I’m prone to this malady when I’m doing something and wanted to finish it fast that I didn’t want to be bothered.I realized now that being busy can actually be against us.
Funny (actually it’s not!)that we get so busy with the following:
1.Watching hours and hours of television and if we’re lucky, few minutes talking with our loved ones.
2. Surfing the internet, checking our emails and and maybe have 1,000 friends at Facebook, yet no close relationships?
3. Investing in material things like homes, cars, jewelries, gold frogs etc..but not investing in close relationship with our spouse and children?
4. Doing all the “good things” for others and spending many hours for charitable work yet not even few minutes opening the Bible?
5. Working like slaves, saving hard earn money yet we’re wondering why it feels like our pockets have holes in it? The problem is we’re never satisfied.
6. We built palatial castles even churches like Tower of Babel yet we feel like we cannot reach God? The problem is we don’t bother to reach souls.
7. We ignore reading articles with godly message yet we have time to read dirty jokes over and over, even share them to others?
8. Telling “hold on” to someone who wanted to talk to you just because you don’t want to be bothered with what you’re doing?
The Bible never said that Jesus was too busy to pause and listen to someone who wanted his attention. He was never running. Yet, He always made some quality time to spend with His Heavenly Father.
We are living in a world of distractions. Many non- essential things are clamoring for our attention .Let's pray that we won’t let the clutter of everyday life rob us of the most precious gift, which is relationship. Now that’s the best investment we can have. First with God, and everything else will fall into place.
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well." -Matthew 6:33
Gloria...this was excellent! I needed to read this and I have a feeling many others did, too. If we could keep our focus on God and His Word then everything else would fall into place - into the order that God had determined for our lives. May we all keep this focus and not be drawn to the things that catch our attention that will not lead to the Lord. God, Family, Friendships and Fellowship with others - these are the true 'life gifts' we need to focus upon. THANK YOU for this inspired reminder. Love, Peggy