HOPE IN THE MIDST OF CHAOS
Freelance writer Lupie Riley
August 12/ 2011
Todayís society lives in a valium world of pills, pot, and alcohol, legal and illegal drugs to numb the anxiety and fear that consumes their daily living. Thanks to the media and modern tech gadgets that spew out a constant barrage of doom and gloom messages that keep its listeners in a dark world of depression and hopelessness. War's, terrorists, murders, disease, natural disasters and the economy woes surround the masses like salivating vultures stealing away what peace of mind they could have and leaving them emotionally destitute.
Thousands try to escape into a fantasy world seeking after the allusive peace of mind. It could be an addiction to drugs, food, sports, video games, pornography, soap operas, computers leaving behind loved ones around them to fare on their own.
The convenience of being able to have what we want when we want it through the magic of a little plastic card society has dug themselves into a deep hole of debt thatís produced a generation of narcisstic children who will someday become our writers, directors, entertainers, artists, CEO's and leaders of this great nation. Many times we ask ourselves why is this once powerful and respected country in such a mess? What's at the core of all its problems? Could it be that our great nation and its people have strayed away from Christian values and a moral code that was its very foundation. Is there an answer to the chaos that surrounds us--a HOPE that things will get better--absolutely !
Three probable reasons for this nations problems:
1. There no longer is a belief in a Devil or Evil. The dark side has been extremely successful in convincing thousands that he does not exist. Everything is relevant. We set our own standards as to whatís good or bad, black or white, wrong or right. Absolutes no longer apply ruling out any moral code that would come with repercussions for bad behavior. With no Devil or Evil there is no sin.
2. We are deity. We can now take on the title of the great "I AM" that our modern Diva's have so eagerly promoted. I dare to question the validity of this ideology through my own observation that it lacks power behind the title. The world has not changed for the better but is headed down a dark path of chaos, hatred, greed and violence. Once again the great lie that was to blame for mankindís downfall in the garden of Eden rears its deceiving head.
3. The health, wealth and prosperity gospel. Deity deserves the good life no matter how thatís achieved. Lying, cheating, stealing, murder, overspending, lawsuits all are relevant to the ultimate purpose of living a life of luxury. Weíve become a spoiled, gluttonous, narcisstic nation of people thatís lost contact with whatís really important--spouse, family, friends and acquaintances--PEOPLE.
Why are so many of our nations people on a perpetual quest to find TRUTH...meaning in life? By denying there is no Devil or Evil the Bible becomes an invalid source of knowledge and the quest goes on and on and on. To the believer TRUTH is found in a person, the person of Jesus Christ who claims to be "the TRUTH, the WAY and the LIFE." Our nation will stay in the dark as long as its people continue to deny the God of our fathers and His moral code.
THE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE :
For believers its bright. There are absolutes our Creator Father offers us through the acceptance of Jesus into our lives. Acknowledging that we are stained by our first father Adams disobedience and our own sins God offers acquittal and freedom through his own sacrifice of Jesus, a revelation of himself in human form. "Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ, who though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. And he humbled himself even further, going so far as actually to die a criminal's death on the cross." Phill. 2:5-8 LB
Because of Adam's disobedience it brought death into the world (physical and spiritual). Jesus came into the world to defeat death by his resurrection and sin through his sacrifice on the cross of his human body. "The sin of this one man, Adam caused death to be king over all, but all who will take God's gift of forgiveness and acquittal are kings of life because of this one man, Jesus Christ." Rom. 5:17 LB
This is what God offers us through the person of Jesus Christ :
1. AQUITTAL...a restored relationship with our Creator Father God. Jesus took on every sin the Devil could think up to the cross so that we could have the gift of forgiveness and eternal life.
2. WE BECOME GOD'S VERY OWN CHILDREN..."But to all who received him, he gave the right to become children of God. All they needed to do was to trust him to save them." John 1:12 LB
3. NO LONGER FEAR DEATH...We are confident that our immortal spirit will be re-united with loved ones that have gone on before us to that place where God dwells. "Since we, God's children are human beings--made of flesh and blood--he became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the Devil who had the power of death. Only in that way could he deliver those who through fear of death have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread." Heb. 2:14,15
4. NEW BODIES THAT NEVER DIE...Jesus was the first to put on his immortal body after his resurrection. He walked through walls "Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly as before, Jesus was standing among them and greeting them." John 20:26 LB. He ate with the disciples "As they sat down to eat, he asked God's blessing on the food and then took a small loaf of bread and broke it and was passing it over to them, when suddenly--it was as though their eyes were opened--they recognized him! And at that moment he disappeared!." Luke 24:30 LB
5. WE ARE ROYALTY...Jesus will come back as King of Kings and rule the world for 1,000 years. It will be reign of true peace, love, and joy. That makes us royalty because we are children of the future King of the world. "On his robe and thigh was written this title: "King of Kings and Lord of Lords." Rev. 19:16 LB
6. NEW HOME..."Fourteen years ago I was taken up to heaven for a visit. Don't ask me whether my body was there or just my spirit, for I don't know; only God can answer that. But anyway, there I was in paradise, and heard things so astounding that they are beyond a man's power to describe or put in words (anyway I am not allowed to tell them to others)." II Cor. 12:2,3,4
Final warning : The age of grace is coming to an end...time is short...decisions must be made....Jesus is coming soon for his own (rapture) and this event will signal in the final stages of this age of grace. Three and one half years of false peace will follow with the anti-Christ as the World leader deceiving the masses before revealing who he really is (Satan embodied in a man) at the end of the 3-1/2 yrs. He will mark every human with his number that is aligned with him. Our Creator Father had to shorten the days or mankind would have destroyed themselves. "For there will be persecution such as the world has never before seen in all its history and will never see again. In fact, unless those days are shortened, all mankind will perish. But they will be shortened for the sake of God's chosen people." Math. 24:21-22 LB
The time is now...make that decision for the sake of your eternal destination.
May God bless you richly and grant you increasing freedom from all anxiety and fear. I Peter 1:2 LB