Rejoicing in the good times is simple and natural. It does not take effort.
It's when times are not so great that I also need to rejoice. Not say thank you to God for stressful times, but to take your mind off them. Though I can also thank God genuinely for trials because they will turn out for my good later, not because I am enjoying them. I'm not.
Looking inward during trials can lead to too much negativity, deeper trials and more heaviness than you bargained for. The remedy is to stop thinking about the trials and recall the good things God has done for you.
Here are some things for which I can rejoice in the lord.
1. Heaven will be my home. I can rejoice in the certain fact that I will be living there after my earth stay.
2. Now I have Jesus and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit always with and for me. What is there to worry about then? Even if I die, so what? I will be in heaven with God. Each day they are with me encouraging in one way or another. Before 1987 I did not have a personal relationship with God. Now I do.
3. God has given me many promises which I would like to see fulfilled here on earth. I am sure they are still to come so I can rejoice in the expectation.
4. There is near support for me in family and friends. They are sincere and trustworthy.
5. A place to live and contentment in that.
6. Health and fitness. Still okay.
7. That I can pray it all up to God and He understands, supports and answers me.
If I just remember things like these, then I take my mind off the bad things happening in my mind or circumstances and actually go some way in lessening my trials.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Michael Hume or search for articles on the same topic or others.