Jesus' Teaching Ministry Part 1
by Manuel Vargas
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Free to Share
Author requests article critique
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Jesusí Teaching Ministry
Hi brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, Iím grateful for another day to be able to share Godís word with you. Iím still on the topic of Spiritual Gifts and Ministry Gifts focusing on the Teaching Gift for quite some time.
In the last article we spoke about The Born-again topic that Jesus taught to Nicodemus. The purpose was to share how Jesus taught it, and for the benefit of those who are not Born-again that come to visit the web-site that God may touch them as they read to be instructed on how to be Born-again and be saved.
Following the Teacher
In the article Waiting on God Developing Ministry I spoke about Jesusí calling, training, waiting and development of His teaching ministry. In the Born-again Experience Parts 1-4, I taught how Jesus explained the topic to Nicodemus.
My goal is to share what the Holy Spirit is leading me to write about the Teaching Ministry. We must be wise in understanding the Gift of a Teacher. This is why we shared Apollos teaching Ministry and I shared how God called me to be a teacher in the articles The Teacher Gift and The Practical Teacher.
Maximizing the Teaching Gift
The responsibility of any mature bible teacher is to instruct the believerís in the body of Christ to become great teachers to move them to the measure and stature of Jesus Christ and His level of the Teaching Ministry (See Ephesians 4:11-15). We all must grow spiritually to Jesusí level of teaching.
Many people shrink with fear and inadequacies when you say that we must teach like Jesus taught. Others take the position of mocking us by saying this guy swears heís god or a Jesus wanna-be. No Paul said that we must grow to a perfect man (mature man), to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ (Eph.4:13b-15).
The reason for fear in the life of some teachers is because their church only taught them but so much doctrine enough to maybe get them to be saved and heaven bound. But when you discuss the topic of healing, miracles, signs and wonders, baptism of the Holy Spirit and balanced prosperity teaching then you will receive opposition every step of the way.
1. Jesus taught about every topic that teachers today fail or fear to teach.
2. Jesus was not afraid to teach about hell or heaven.
3. Jesus taught about money and prosperity in a balanced way.
4. Jesus taught about the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
5. Jesus taught about Ministry Gifts.
6. Jesus taught about holy living
7. Jesus taught about being saved- Born-again
8. Jesus taught about the End-times
9. Jesus taught about Love, forgiveness, mercy, kindness
10. Jesus taught them how to pray for the dead so that God may resurrect them
11. Jesus taught about how to cast out a demon by praying and fasting
12. Jesus re-taught the religious leaders when they came to him with their foolish doctrines
13. Jesus taught so many things that we donít hear taught today behind pulpits.
Paul said, but speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ (Eph.4:15). The reason bible teachers donít grow into all things in Christ and teach like Jesus taught is because they allowed someone to tell them that God doesnít heal, or does not do miracles anymore or our church doesnít believe in that.
Well, hereís some biblical advice listen to Paul and Jesus more than your previous unbelieving mentors and you will grow by leaps and bounds and teach like Jesus taught.
Well brother, I donít follow Paul I follow Jesus. Okay spiritual babe, (Paul called believers who say that spiritual babes, see 1 Cor.3:4-7).
Jesus said, Go therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always even to the end of the age. Amen (Matthew 28:19-20)
What did Jesus Say?
1. Make disciples of all nations- not just a white congregation or black congregation. And when you walk into these churches you feel like an outsider. God help those racist believers to come to the knowledge of love and oneness in Christ because thereís neither Jew nor Greek, Bond nor free, were all one in Christ (Galatians 3:26-28).
2. Baptizing them-this is deep because we have several baptisms in this one statement ; One Lord, one faith, one baptism; One God and Father of all who is above all, and through all, and in you all. As Paul defined it is our common oneness in God the Father through faith in Christ (Eph.4:4-6)
Not to be confused with water baptism or baptism of the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues as evidence or the baptism of fire (Thatís dying for preaching the gospel) Paul experienced all three Baptisms. And he preached and ministered people were saved, baptized in water and then the Holy Spirit when he laid hands on them See Acts 19:1-7.
So itís not a contradiction its understanding what Paul meant. This is why we must study ourselves (2 Tim.2:15). I will teach a balanced view of Baptisms in the future God willing.
3. Teaching them to observe ALL THINGS that I have commanded you;-we are to learn everything that Jesus taught His disciples, we donít have an excuse, because everything is written for our learning we must study it. We must rely on our new mentor the Holy Spirit if we donít have anybody who believed like Jesus believed and operated as a bible teacher.
4. I am with you always even to the end of age- the end of age (Sunteleia)-is when Jesus returns bringing a completion of this age. So what did Jesus mean by that statement? Jesus was not just talking to the 12 disciples alone, because common sense will tell you they died.
So it is obvious that Jesus was talking the following generation who took heed to the disciples teaching and passed it on to following generations behind them till today and we have this promise that Jesus is with us-Today, right now overseeing the ministry of us becoming Mature Bible Teachers.
And He desires us to teach ALL THINGS and make disciples in every nation and baptize them in water and the Holy Spirit and if they go thru persecution till death so be it, baptism of fire.
Jesus- The Teacher
Jesus said to me in a vision in 1994 to teach His word. Notice Jesus said His word. Paul told Timothy to preach the word (2 Tim. 4:2). We are to preach and teach scripture and parallel it to todayís issues we face exactly like Jesus and Paul taught.
Jesus said to me in an audible voice study the way I taught in scripture and teach in the same manner. In the vision in 1994, I saw Jesus teaching 2000 years ago and the people dressed the way they did back then. Then the people around Him changed to the people of today with suits ties, dresses and everything in todayís fashion. But Jesus stood the same in the clothing he wore 2000 years ago. This clarifies scripture that He is with us always and He never changes, Heís the same yesterday, today and forever (Matt.28:19-20/ Hebrews 13:8)
Remember every vision and dream has to be biblically based. So this is an encouragement to us to go all the way with Jesus and grow spiritually and Teach ALL THINGS.
In my next article I will outline all the topics Jesus taught. Then we will study His teaching techniques and how He taught different groups of people.
May God bless you with revelation to be an awesome bible teacher, in Jesusí name, amen.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.