The Error of Islam
SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE
HIRE THIS WRITER
Jesus, who is Truth, tells us that the Spirit of Truth will lead us into Truth and the Truth will make us free. We are also told in I John 4:1-3 that we are to test the spirits due to false prophets and the spirit of antichrist being present in the world. We must apply this principle to the religion of Islam. You've no doubt heard that Islam is a religion of peace despite violence by the extremists. Is this true? We must test the spirits to see. Before continuing, let me say that this is not a hate article toward Muslims. Jesus died for the Muslims as much as anyone else. However, the false teaching of the Islamic faith must be exposed. Before we get into actual Islamic teaching, let us look at some differences between Islam and what the Bible calls Truth, Jesus Christ.
John 2:11 tells us, "This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory...." This verse gives us the fact that the Messiah performed miracles and that the purpose was to manifest His glory. Remember that the Messiah is a world-wide Messiah, not just the Jewish Messiah. I could be wrong, but I see nowhere in Islamic literature that Mohammad performed any miracles. He is not the Messiah. Jesus Christ is.
Luke 1:26, 27 gives this account. " And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary." It was necessary for the Messiah to be virgin born to avoid the curse of sin. Mohammad was not virgin born, nor did he claim to be.
Hebrews 4:15 gives us this information about the Messiah. "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." The Messiah must be sinless. We will look at the sinful lifestyle of Mohammad shortly.
The Messiah saves. As a matter of fact, He is the only One that can--Acts 4:12, "Neither is salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Islam is based on a system of guidance from Allah where faith and action, belief and practice meet.
Hebrews 1:1, 2 tells us that the Messiah is God's Final Word. "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,..." Muslims look to many prophets including Mohammad while minimizing Jesus.
When Christians show violence they contradict themselves. Matthew 5:44 plainly tells us that we are to love our enemies. When Muslims show violence they are acting according to their faith. Let me say again that Muslims are not the enemy and we are commanded to love them. The enemy is Islam--the teaching.
It may be that many Muslims are not aware of their own teaching, just as many Christians have not studied their Scriptures to know the Truth. Nevertheless, these are the facts.
About Mohammad: "I have been ordered to fight with the people until they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.'"--Al-Bukhari Vol 4:196
Mohammad was a confirmed warrior. 67 out of the 68 wars of Mohammad were offensive raids. He raided, massacred, and looted civilians without warning.
Mohammad was engaged to a six-year-old girl, but chose to wait to marry her until she reached the age of nine. Up to this time Mohammad was only able to attract a few followers. It was at this point that he supposedly received from Allah the doctrine of Jihad. His followers were now given divine orders to attack those who opposed them. This became a very popular doctrine. It was taught that the only sure way to go to paradise was to die in Jihad. This is not just extremist teaching, but is meant for all those that practice Islam.
About the Koran: These verses taken from the Koran have been paraphrased, but the facts still remain.1. Fighting is obligatory for you...--2:216
2. "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.:--8:39
3. Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Those who submit will be well treated well. Those who don't submit will be killed.--9:5, 6
4. Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."--9:29
5. Islam must prevail, by force if necessary, over all other religions.--9:33
6. Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are going to Hell anyway.--9:73
7. Believers (Muslims) must fight for Allah. They must kill and be killed, and are bound to do so...but Allah will reward them.--9:111
8. Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you.--9:111
9. "When you clash with the infidels in battle, smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them...when you (subdue) them, (make them) captives...you are commanded by Allah to continue...Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."--47:4
1. Ishaq 587 "We will fight until you turn to Islam,...We have mutilated every opponent. We have driven them violently before us at the command of Allah and Islam. we will fight until our religion is established. And we will plunder them, for they suffer disgrace."
2. "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, then kill him."--Bukhari Vol. 9, No. 57 p. 45
3. "In the last days...some...will...abandon Islam...wherever you meet them, kill them, for he who kills them shall get a reward on the Day of Resurrection."--Bukhari, 4.808: Ali ibon Abu Talib.
My dear Christian brother or sister, know the truth. It will make you free.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR, LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Read more articles by william kovacic or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.