Hi beloved, Iím thankful to be back to share Godís word with you. Weíve been teaching about Spiritual Gifts and Ministry Gifts since May 1st. And since May 29th, till today weíve been focusing on the Teachers Ministry. Thatís (8) articles plus this article which are all designed to make anyone whoís called to be a bible teacher well informed.
Iím going to teach about Jesusí teaching ministry which I started with His calling and training and entrance into the ministry in the article (Waiting on God Developing Ministry).
The Practical Approach
Iím going to share how Jesus taught the Born-again topic to Nicodemus with a unique style. The purpose is to show you how I was led to preach and teach it years ago. Plus give you insight that you will find in any booklet or tract.
I need to share this topic in 5 parts or articles, but you can read it and preach it between 30 to 40 minutes if you were invited to preach it. This teaching is key to getting people into the kingdom of God. I suggest that everyone not just teachers read over and over, because we must all know how to share this topic. To save lost souls, amen.
The Need to be Born-again
1. There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God.
2. For no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with Him.
3. Jesus answered, Verily, Verily, I say unto you, except a man be Born-again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:1-3)
Hereís an interesting encounter between a spiritual man-Jesus Christ, and a religiously sincere man-Nicodemus. Nicodemus was a Pharisee, a ruler or teacher of the Jews. Jesus was and is the divine Son of God. Nicodemus recognized Jesus as a teacher come from God. Nicodemus said this based on the fact that Jesus performed special miracles and went on to say that no one can operate in such a manner unless God is with Him.
The amazing thing about this encounter is that Jesus responded in an unusual manner. Jesus did not feed into his compliment and said, why thank you Nicodemus for recognizing that Iím an anointed teacher of God. Jesus over-looked the compliment and went straight to the sincere religious manís desire to seek to enter into the kingdom of God. If not, Nicodemus would not have gone to seek advice from a powerful teacher in the middle of the night.
Jesus said, Verily, Verily, I say unto you, except a man be Born-again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).
By reading Jesusí unusual response we see that Nicodemus must be Born-again. Letís keep in mind that Nicodemus was a ruler (or teacher) of the Jews. He ran a synagogue, and taught the people from the Old Testament and rabbinical commentaries that was available at his time.
This interesting encounter with Jesus and Nicodemus challenges us to ask a few biblical questions.
1. Nicodemus called Jesus a teacher come from God. How was Nicodemus appointed to be a teacher of Israel? By God or his religious Pharisee bible college?
2. Nicodemus witness Godís power working through Jesus, how is it that he did not have this power as a teacher?
3. If Nicodemus wasnít Born-again, how could he be recognized as a teacher called and anointed by God?
Thereís no doubt about it as we look around our nation and around the world, we see so many Churches as people knowingly call it. We have Church buildings, temples, synagogues, cathedrals and religious centers that all have an appointed leader. This appointed leader may have a title like, Doctor, Rabbi, Ruler, Teacher, Pastor, Bishop, Priest, Cardinal and so on.
However, we must always go back to John Chapter 3, in the Bible and ask these questions;
1. Is this leader Born-again?
2. Is this Cardinal Born-again? And if he is can he teach you how to be Born-again like Jesus did to Nicodemus?
3. Is this bishop Born-again? Is he teaching the people in his congregation about being Born-again?
4. Am I born-again? Does anyone know how to teach me to be Born-again?
Nicodemus wasnít Born-again. He did not teach his congregation to be Born-again. He didnít know what it was or how was it to be Born-again. He never heard about this concept or doctrine until Jesus brought it to his attention.
In order for us to learn and know what we need to do to be Born-again we must go into scripture to find all the biblical facts to steer us in the path we need to experience this supernatural encounter.
In my next article, we will learn more. May God Bless you to be ready to be Born-again if youíre not and if you are then may He grant you revelation on this topic to teach it to others, in Jesusí name, amen.
Read more articles by Manuel Vargas or search for articles on the same topic or others.